dish alignment help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
hi guys, i just hooked up my bud to a chaparral monterey 55 and during setup i set the east limit at around the 70 degree mark, problem is when i went to the west the dish started pointed low at about the 115 mark, the dish is set right on the pole and is level, and the dish is moving well. can someone help me out.

hi guys, i just hooked up my bud to a chaparral monterey 55 and during setup i set the east limit at around the 70 degree mark, problem is when i went to the west the dish started pointed low at about the 115 mark, the dish is set right on the pole and is level, and the dish is moving well. can someone help me out.

This is a good link to learn how to setup and track your dish:

http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp4.html#anchor797917

If the dish is too low when looking at the western satellites, the dish needs to spin to the west (assuming the elevation and declination settings are correct). the elevation for the Houston area should be 30.5 degrees and the declination angle should be 35 degrees (when the dish is centered and not leaning east or west). On the Unimesh, you can measure that on the mounting ring.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)