Dish Alignment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
Good evening. I was a DirecTV subscriber for almost 10 years, but had to abandon it when I moved into my apartment complex. It's been 2 years, and I'm completely fed up with Cablevision and I'm strongly considering returning to DTV. I do not have a clear shot of the SW sky, so I need to get a compass and check if it can be accomplished. My question is would anyone know how to obtain the coordinates so I can measure? Does the DirecTV website have that info available if I input my zip code somewhere? I don't have an DTV box so I can't walk through the setup.

Thank you for any help you can give me!!

Good evening. I was a DirecTV subscriber for almost 10 years, but had to abandon it when I moved into my apartment complex. It's been 2 years, and I'm completely fed up with Cablevision and I'm strongly considering returning to DTV. I do not have a clear shot of the SW sky, so I need to get a compass and check if it can be accomplished. My question is would anyone know how to obtain the coordinates so I can measure? Does the DirecTV website have that info available if I input my zip code somewhere? I don't have an DTV box so I can't walk through the setup.

Thank you for any help you can give me!!
Welcome to the site ! :D
Give us your zip code for starters.
I don't have the info at the moment, but I do know that it IS available, post your zip and I'm sure someone will get them for you.

Jimbo

For a 3 LNB SD only dish, your angles are:
AZ 242, EL 29, Tilt 57.
Since this dish points at the 110 sat, you will need a window +/- 15 degrees either side of the 242, and a +/- 5 degrees vertical.

For a 5LNB HD dish, you angles are
AZ 232, EL 34, Tilt 67
Since this dish points to the 101 sat, you will only need 5 degrees to the east and 25 to the west from the 232. You will still need at least the +/- 5 degrees vertical arc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts