Dish America Channel Lineups?

g8rgrad98

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
Florida
Hello, I was wondering if anyone here had a listing of the channel lineups for the various Dish America (HD only) packages that Dish is offering? Dish's website allows us to change our programming to one of these packages, but doesn't give a channel lineup.

I did a live chat with two different CSRs and each CSR gave me a slightly different listing of the channels available on each package.

And through a google search, I found a couple of other different channel lineups listed by various Dish Vendors.

So confusing :confused:

How'd you find them? I searched and searched and couldn't and the CSRs even told me they weren't on their website :(

Earlier this year after moving I signed us up for Dish America seeing that page thinking we'd be getting all those channels. After only seeing a fraction of them I called back asking what gives, and the CSR just said all the channels I told her I wasn't seeing weren't in the Dish America plan but she couldn't tell me which channels were nor could she point me to where they were online. She offered to email them to me, but all I got was the PDF with the channel listing that's on the website now, which isn't Dish America.

We were on a similar plan before moving (had Dish Pause for about 5 months) with basically the same channels as Dish America, but we were paying about $29/month. It wasn't worth paying twice as much for no more channels so we moved to the Top 250 plan.

I don't see why they offer Dish America anymore. I only knew about it because the CSR who reactivated my account said it was the closest thing to what we had before, but our monthly bill was double.

Sam

Just got off the phone with a csr and the website is not correct. I have dish america and it is missing MTV, VH1,E!,Headline news, fox news, Nick. This has gone on since the turbo HD days. Some csr's will tell you that they are included, when they are not. At least thats what happened in my case when I signed up. Now they even have it on there own website. Sure looks like false advertising to me. I am finally almost to the end of my 2 yr commitment. All I ever wanted was the HD only version of the standard packages, which is what I was told I would get when I signed up. Not sure what I am going to do, but at least I will no longer be locked in.

Oh yeah, I should add the rep was shocked when she called up the website and saw it with her own eyes. She claims it will be corrected.

My 2 years is up in March and I may make a switch if there are competitive offers out there. Dish is affordable, but definitely tough to do business with. I may go with Dish America anyway just to save some $...we'll see I guess.

It is odd that Dish has the wrong channel lists up on its own web site. I just typed dish america in the search box on the front page and found that page.

anyone knows if you loose HD for life by downgrading to Dish America?

I would guess yes.
The lowest packages (reg. $39.99/mo.) eligible for HD for Life would be America's Top 120 and Dish Latino Dos [which actually has English and Spanish channels...I was surprised by some of the offerings] unless there are any that I am unaware of. FMI on the America's Top packages, click here. FMI on Dish Latino, click here. You may be interested in adding HD Platinum to a lower pack, FMI on this add-on click here. You may also want a certain channel but necessarily the package that goes with it. Unfortunately, not all channels can be added a la carte. However, there are a few. FMI, click here. There is also an unadvertised Encore Movie Pack for those not subbing to America's Top 250. However, it does not Encore East HD or SD or/and Encore WAM. The others are included (Encore West, Encore Westerns, Encore Love, Encore Drama, Encore Mystery, and Encore Action).
I hope that helps you.

Last edited:
It is odd that Dish has the wrong channel lists up on its own web site. I just typed dish america in the search box on the front page and found that page.

I was surprised to see this at first, and then, I was disappointed to see the wrong channels on the list.

There was a list that was correct until the HD feeds of the Disney channels were removed. I believe that a member pointed out that Msnbc is not included. To see it, please view this attachment (Thanks to Scott for posting it first a long time ago):
View attachment Focus On DISH Network HD.pdf
Disney (E) HD, DIsney XD HD, ESPNews HD, and ABC Family HD are not included due to the ongoing dispute between E* and Disney.
I do not see why E* does not update their lists or show all the (correct) offerings. I think they would get more subs if they got their stuff together.

Hope this helps. The dish america package was know previously as Turbo hd you will get hd only feeds and your hd locals so look at the programming group under hd only. This also will only work with mpeg4 equipment only ie no 301 311 322 625 522 501 508 921 942 721 381 receivers. also rember hd signals levels are usually lower then 119 and 110 sats. My 129 trans 21 is at 80 then 1000.4 61.5 is usually 70s or so but the 72.7 & 77 sats are only in the mid 50s. You are saving no money. The old Turbo package as it was called was about $10 cheaper. Also those in a package called Dish Family stays in it as they do not and will not offer it again.

Dish America (or TurboHD) was a good package a few years back. When I was a subscriber, the only two HD channels that were not included in the package were Fox News Channel and Fox Business Channel. That was fine with me since I was never interested in those channels. Since then, only Comedy Central, CMT, and Spike have been added to the packages.

I would guess yes.
The lowest packages (reg. $39.99/mo.) eligible for HD for Life would be America's Top 120 and Dish Latino Dos [which actually has English and Spanish channels...I was surprised by some of the offerings] unless there are any that I am unaware of. FMI on the America's Top packages, click here. FMI on Dish Latino, click here. You may be interested in adding HD Platinum to a lower pack, FMI on this add-on click here. You may also want a certain channel but necessarily the package that goes with it. Unfortunately, not all channels can be added a la carte. However, there are a few. FMI, click here. There is also an unadvertised Encore Movie Pack for those not subbing to America's Top 250. However, it does not Encore East HD or SD or/and Encore WAM. The others are included (Encore West, Encore Westerns, Encore Love, Encore Drama, Encore Mystery, and Encore Action).
I hope that helps you.

Good info, in case some day I want to downgrade. Thanks.

TurboHD is what we had before enabling Dish Pause, but Dish America with the same line-up as we had before was twice as much... just not worth it honestly when you can get one of the Top plans for the same if not just alittle more with many times more channels.

How can Dish call it "HD for Life" if you can lose it? :confused: It's a pretty bogus promise to get customers signed up.

It should be called "HD for Now"

You don't really expect Dish to allow you to switch to an all HD package and maintain the HD FREE for Life. Then the package would be free. Thats not realistic.

I wouldn't if they didn't call it "FREE for Life"....

Which is my point, don't call it something is is not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)