Dish America HD "Metal" Packages no longer offered?

surrealtech

Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
ATLANTA
The HD only Dish America packages are no longer offered on the Dish website. Are the packages no longer being offered?
I just cancelled DirecTv and I was going to signup for the base Dish America package.

You're right they are no longer there. But when I go into my account and look up my programming, they are still available as an option for me to pick from. So it must be a glitch on their site.

If you are logged in, they are there.
I was going to change to Dish America but wasn't logged in and they didn't appear, but I logged in and they appeared when you click Upgrade programming.

So it appears, or it's a glitch. Or maybe they are adding soooo many new HD channels to replace the AMC channels they had to take them down to re-do them. :D

So it appears, or it's a glitch. Or maybe they are adding soooo many new HD channels to replace the AMC channels they had to take them down to re-do them. :D
I think your post is a glitch. :D

I asked the same thing a few days ago in a PM to Matt. Since it would look crappy if I copied the PM's I'll just post the screengrab :)

They are available but new subs cant get the discounts

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 925
I have not subscribed to DISH since 2004. Not sure of their policies. Can I sign-up with Dish under the Dish 120 plan for 1 year of savings and then downgrade to the basic Dish America tier? The only channels that I need are ESPN, History and the Discovery Channel w/ DVR and HD service.

surrealtech said:
I have not subscribed to DISH since 2004. Not sure of their policies. Can I sign-up with Dish under the Dish 120 plan for 1 year of savings and then downgrade to the basic Dish America tier? The only channels that I need are ESPN, History and the Discovery Channel w/ DVR and HD service.

I do not see why not. I would think that Dish America meets the minimum tier requirement.

Also, if you want to avoid DVR fees, I recommend the HD Solo 211. The initial cost is a one-time $40 fee, and you will need your own external hard drive(s). Of course, it depends on how boxes you want or how many TVs you want service to.

Last edited:
My online account has the Dish America Silver and Gold packages grayed out. I can't change to one of the packages from Dish America that I now subscribe to, not that I want to.

I am a DA Gold sub-- are the "metal" packages not offered at all and does this mean that if I decide to change my primary package for a while I can't go back to DA Gold?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)