Dish America Package

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I currently have the America's Top120 with Free HD for Life. I want to change to the Dish America package. If I do change to Dish America what will happen to my Free HD for Life? I see that some HD channels are in the package like Palladia and HD Net. Are the rest of the channels HD? Will Dish charge me if I downgrade? Thank you.

A Satguys Dish CSR can best answer, but it my understanding you will have whatever HD you are supposed to get based on your package, for life. You may pay a $5 downgrade fee to go from a higher package to a lower one. (That is to help prevent people from changing packages every couple of weeks or months)

This will tell you what you will get, and if in HD.
http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/DISHamericaChannelGuide.pdf

uptownvideo,

If you make changes to your programming within 30 days, there is a $5.00 fee. After 30 days no fee is assessed. HD Free For Life applies to America Top 120 and above programming packages and some Spanish packages. The Dish America packages are HD to begin with so you will not need the corresponding HD package to get HD programming. The HDFFL commitment would remain the same. If you have any other questions, you can PM your account information to me and I can give you specific answers to your account.

Ray C ... You can change programming packages downward every 31 days with no fee? I was only aware of new subsribers being able to change a package within 30 days with no fee, and though technically they can, there is no fee to change a package upwards.

Dish Network did change the programming change fees. New Customers can make as many changes as they want for the first 60 days of activation and incur NO fees. All other customers are allowed 1 programming change with in 30 day rolling period without incurring any fees. Any 2nd programming change within a 30 day period will incur a $5.00 Programming change fee. It no longer matters if the changes increase or decrease the monthly billing, only the number of changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)