Dish America Packages

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

crawkan

Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
midwest
Does Dish still offer the Dish America packages? I only see the basic Dish America on my list of options. I do not see the Silver or Gold package. Are they still offered? If they are, how much per month.

Smart Pack and Dish America are still offered though you won't see them on the Dish site's main page.

I see them in my programming page at mydish.com

I think the reason is that they don't offer all the 1st year freebies with those 2 packages so there is no money to be saved in the 1st year.
?

Dish is very confusing about this. If you are a new customer, either you can't get Dish America, or you would have to know about it. Dish does list both the Smart pack and the Welcome pack for new customers (Additional core packages) but not the America one.

More interesting I found two pages that actually show all three America packages. Here's one.

http://www.mydish.com/upgrades/hd/?WT.svl=gsearch_results

Dish is very confusing about this. If you are a new customer, either you can't get Dish America, or you would have to know about it. Dish does list both the Smart pack and the Welcome pack for new customers (Additional core packages) but not the America one.

More interesting I found two pages that actually show all three America packages. Here's one.

Interesting. I thought DA Silver and Gold were long gone...

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yeah I can find the same spot you linked after I log in but I can't actually find a way to switch to Silver or Gold. DA Silver would be the perfect package for me because it includes all the sports channels I watch plus the main basic channels at a more affordable cost. Without it I have to have at least AT 200 to get my RSN, Big Ten Network, MLB Network, and NFL Network.

You can still find the packages if you search for them but I think it is just a leftover from when they were offered.

Hi, DISH America is still a current package for customers with all HD equipment only. The DISH America Silver & DISH America Gold are no longer available packages. We do have customers who are grandfather into these packages and so they do show in places but not where anyone can select them as an available option now. Thank you!

Without it I have to have at least AT 200 to get my RSN, Big Ten Network, MLB Network, and NFL Network.

I honestly think that was the whole point of eliminating DA Silver, DA Gold and having AT120+ $10 more expensive than AT120 instead of $5 more. And that was to encourage/force people who want sports into the AT200 and up packages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts