Dish and 1080i upscaling on 4K

That is not true. If you were to view the ME TV content with the screen format set at normal, you would see large black bars and the people/images would look squished. Set the screen format to stretch and you would then see normal aspect people/images and a picture with the smaller black bars (14:9) aspect ratio. Technically as I understand it, the anamorphic lens compresses the picture horizontally while leaving the vertical alone. I suppose it isn't perfect but it's a darn sight better than zooming and stretching to fill the screen.
As promised, here are screenshots of a DVD source material and MeTV of the same episode. Tell me the MeTV transmission isn't butchered. Cropped, zoomed, and stretched.

vlcsnap-00001.jpg
vlcsnap-00002.jpg

These channels could not care less if you're a videophile and are annoyed by the way they mess with the picture, whether it be video quality or aspect ratio.

They play to the masses who don't even notice the picture is fuzzy or stretched - you are a minority so you don't count.

They play to the masses who don't even notice the picture is fuzzy or stretched
Problem is they DO notice, which is why they complain about the black bars on their TV. There would be no other reason for any channel to mess with the picture aspect. It would be easier for the station to leave the image alone.

It's not that they don't notice, it's that they're idiotic, and the stations are for catering to the stupidity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts