DISH and Cox Media Group reach agreement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH and Cox Media Group reach multi-year carriage agreement, restore local Cox stations for DISH customers

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., December 13, 2020 – DISH today has reached a multi-year agreement with Cox Media Group, owned by Apollo Global Management, for carriage of its local Northwest stations. This agreement also restores local Cox stations for DISH customers, including:

● WSB-TV, Channel 2 (ABC, Atlanta, GA)
● WFXT-TV, Channel 25 (Fox, Boston, MA)
● WSOC-TV, Channel 9 (ABC, Charlotte, NC)
● WAXN-TV, Channel 64 (IND, Charlotte, NC)
● WHIO-TV, Channel 7 (CBS, Dayton, OH)
● WFOX-TV, Channel 30 (Fox, Jacksonville, FL)
● WFOX2-TV, Channel 32 (MNT, Jacksonville, FL)
● WHBQ-TV, Channel 13 (Fox, Memphis, TN)
● WFTV-TV, Channel 9 (ABC, Orlando, FL)
● WRDQ-TV, Channel 27 (IND, Orlando, FL)
● WPXI-TV, Channel 11 (NBC, Pittsburgh, PA)
● KIRO-TV, Channel 7 (CBS, Seattle, WA)
● KOKI-TV, Channel 23 (Fox, Tulsa, OK)
● KMYT-TV, Channel 41 (MNT, Tulsa, OK)

Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

DISH and Cox Media Group reach multi-year carriage agreement, restore local Cox stations for DISH customers

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., December 13, 2020 – DISH today has reached a multi-year agreement with Cox Media Group, owned by Apollo Global Management, for carriage of its local Northwest stations. This agreement also restores local Cox stations for DISH customers, including:

● WSB-TV, Channel 2 (ABC, Atlanta, GA)
● WFXT-TV, Channel 25 (Fox, Boston, MA)
● WSOC-TV, Channel 9 (ABC, Charlotte, NC)
● WAXN-TV, Channel 64 (IND, Charlotte, NC)
● WHIO-TV, Channel 7 (CBS, Dayton, OH)
● WFOX-TV, Channel 30 (Fox, Jacksonville, FL)
● WFOX2-TV, Channel 32 (MNT, Jacksonville, FL)
● WHBQ-TV, Channel 13 (Fox, Memphis, TN)
● WFTV-TV, Channel 9 (ABC, Orlando, FL)
● WRDQ-TV, Channel 27 (IND, Orlando, FL)
● WPXI-TV, Channel 11 (NBC, Pittsburgh, PA)
● KIRO-TV, Channel 7 (CBS, Seattle, WA)
● KOKI-TV, Channel 23 (Fox, Tulsa, OK)
● KMYT-TV, Channel 41 (MNT, Tulsa, OK)

Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
WHIO Dayton is back but image is pixelated. Anybody else notice this?

There is so little I care about on networks, I didn't miss it. But entertainment shows and sports are two different things. Only last night did I see that the Notre Dame/Clemson game was on the taken down ABC affiliate here in Atlanta.

I did all my research on Locast and was going to sign up Friday. May still pull the trigger anyway and drop my Dish locals add on.

Around here in Western WA it's a good thing Cox and dish made nice. The Jets@Seahawks game at "The Lighthouse" (the former "Clink") is a CBS game this week. Tomorrow, my morning routine returns to normal as LMAD and Price are back. Yay.

What I’m unsure of is which of those stations are actually in the Northwest...
I think the list in the first post are the Cox Media Group stations. "Northwest" is the name of the other company that previously owned the remaining Cox stations that were already restored earlier this month. These had been two separate station groups before they merged, and Apollo took over. Apparently, Apollo didn't like Dish's existing deals (reached before the merger) for carrying those stations, since Dish agreed to higher rates for the Northwest stations than they were paying for the Cox Media Group stations. So, Apollo pulled permission for Dish to carry all of the stations, to force Dish to renegotiate. Dish then sued Apollo, since Dish had already had long-term agreements in place to carry those stations. Since the two station groups returned to Dish at different times, that may indicate one of two things:
  • The two station groups are still being carried under separate contracts, instead of being combined into a single contract, or...
  • As a result of the lawsuit, Apollo was forced to restore Dish's permission to carry one of the station groups, before they finally reached a long-term deal for all of the stations they own.

Reactions: Ray_Clum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts