Dish and Direct TV Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thewadman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2008
I was a Dish Network customer for 2 years and fulfilled my contract, I then cancelled my service to save some money. So now I am in a better place financially and am ready to sign back up. I first went to Dish Network because I never really had any problems with them but am informed the current promotions are for new subscribers only and on top of that I would have to pay for my DVR up front. I am better financially, but not that much better so I figured I would try out Direct TV.

Seems like I just missed a great deal with Free HD for life on the choice package. I saw in another thread where someone said you could sign up for premium and after 5 months downgrade to choice and get to keep HD for life if you keep autopay enabled.

Is this my best option? Is it even for sure that I can downgrade and keep the HD for life? Also, if I downgrade what happens to my dvr? Do I then have to pay back the 100 dollars I got off for signing up for Premium instead of Choice? Then on top of all of that, is there a way to sign up for choice and get a free HD DVR included? I saw the link to Directtv.com/Rebates.....but I can't find anywhere that lists what rebates are available. I'm new to the Direct TV side and I'm getting myself very frustrated. I had a live chat this morning and decided I would contact them again later but now I can't even find that anymore? How do you get to the Direct TV live chat???

Sorry, I know this is rambly and long but I don't know what I am doing and I really need help.

I was a Dish Network customer for 2 years and fulfilled my contract, I then cancelled my service to save some money. So now I am in a better place financially and am ready to sign back up. I first went to Dish Network because I never really had any problems with them but am informed the current promotions are for new subscribers only and on top of that I would have to pay for my DVR up front. I am better financially, but not that much better so I figured I would try out Direct TV.

Seems like I just missed a great deal with Free HD for life on the choice package. I saw in another thread where someone said you could sign up for premium and after 5 months downgrade to choice and get to keep HD for life if you keep autopay enabled.

Is this my best option? Is it even for sure that I can downgrade and keep the HD for life? Also, if I downgrade what happens to my dvr? Do I then have to pay back the 100 dollars I got off for signing up for Premium instead of Choice? Then on top of all of that, is there a way to sign up for choice and get a free HD DVR included? I saw the link to Directtv.com/Rebates.....but I can't find anywhere that lists what rebates are available. I'm new to the Direct TV side and I'm getting myself very frustrated. I had a live chat this morning and decided I would contact them again later but now I can't even find that anymore? How do you get to the Direct TV live chat???

Sorry, I know this is rambly and long but I don't know what I am doing and I really need help.

To answer one item....

The terms state that you must keep PREMIER to keep FREE HD for LIFE.

I kind of figured that, I just didn't know because in another thread they said otherwise. I am calmed down now lol....I just really want the Choice package with the best discounts I can get. Where can I find a list of available rebates/discounts? Or am I just better off waiting till the Free HD promo happens again?

Oops, you are right. Under this new promotion , you have to keep Premiere or they will start charging you for HD , $10 a month.

I signed up last week right before the old promo ended. I have Choice Extra and got Free HD and $29 credit every month plus another $10 for 12 months. The current deal is only good for people who are NFL football fans. Otherwise you might want to get a good promo deal with a cable company and switch to Direct when the cable promos and rebates are over. There are no contracts with cable tv companies . . at least not where I am.

if the OP got a referral that will help for a while if he decides on a different package than premier :)

Yea, they said I can downgrade to Choice when the FREE HD for life promo comes back even if I am a current subscriber. I made sure to ask him like 4 times and he said I could downgrade to that promo anytime it's available.....he said because it's not a "promo" but more of a reward for signing up for autopay. He said he thought the deal would come back by the time my year expires.

If this isn't true someone tell me before I sign the paper Thursday night :)

Yeah I think my promo I signed under was I think I had to at least have Choice Ultimate to get my HD for free.

Yea same here, but they said if the Choice promo comes back I can switch to that instead.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)