dish and the RSN's

This has nothing to do with Dish and it probably solves the problem of the RSN's coming back. Looks like you'll have to stream them if you want them: Sinclair Aiming for $23/Month Streaming Plan for Bally Sports in 2022 | Cord Cutters News
$23/month?!

giphy.gif

If Sinclair does launch the option to steam their channels locally at $23, it would make sense that Dish should be able to add it as an add-on for $23 then...but I have some feeling Sinclair wouldn't do that.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
If Sinclair does launch the option to steam their channels locally at $23, it would make sense that Dish should be able to add it as an add-on for $23 then...but I have some feeling Sinclair wouldn't do that.
Add it as a hopper ap...then dish takes a cut...just like roku...you pay Sinclair..not dish...then Sinclair pays dish for access to the hopper

For $23/month it better be ALL channels and games without blackouts and ALL out of market games.
For $23, it would be nice if it included all programming from your in-market RSN's, plus all non-blacked-out programming from the remaining Sinclair RSN's. (Those markets' local sports talk shows and the like.) Think of it as a combination of the Regional Action Pack and the Multi-Sport Pack. (Well, the way the Multi-Sport Pack used to be.) Maybe throw in Tennis Channel and whatever other sports channels Sinclair owns. That type of offering might be worth the price. Barely.

Today's uplink has all the Bally Sports RSN's mapped up. Still hidden, but interesting that the INFO channels are now renamed to BSAZ for Bally Sports Arizona, etc.

That same uplink also possibly indicates preparation for yet another dispute between Dish and NBC. OTA guide mapping has been removed from the satellite-delivered versions of some NBC O&O affiliates and Telemundo stations. Separate guide data streams have been uplinked for the OTA channels instead. Dish is testing mapping a national feed of Telemundo East to a local channel number in the Washington, DC market. So, maybe things were not as amicable between Dish and NBC as we had assumed when the NBC Sports RSN's were removed. Or perhaps that deal between Dish and NBC (allowing the RSN removal) was contingent on Dish not carrying (nor planning to continue carrying) any other RSN's. So, movement on a deal with Bally Sports voids Dish's deal with NBC, creating a ripple effect...

Reactions: zippyfrog
That same uplink also possibly indicates preparation for yet another dispute between Dish and NBC. OTA guide mapping has been removed from the satellite-delivered versions of some NBC O&O affiliates and Telemundo stations. Separate guide data streams have been uplinked for the OTA channels instead. Dish is testing mapping a national feed of Telemundo East to a local channel number in the Washington, DC market. So, maybe things were not as amicable between Dish and NBC as we had assumed when the NBC Sports RSN's were removed. Or perhaps that deal between Dish and NBC (allowing the RSN removal) was contingent on Dish not carrying (nor planning to continue carrying) any other RSN's. So, movement on a deal with Bally Sports voids Dish's deal with NBC, creating a ripple effect...
Yeah - here in Chicago, I don't have the locals via Satellite, just the locals with the OTA adapter, and right now my NBC channel EPG just says "Digital Service" and "No Info Available" throughout the guide.

Yeah - here in Chicago, I don't have the locals via Satellite, just the locals with the OTA adapter, and right now my NBC channel EPG just says "Digital Service" and "No Info Available" throughout the guide.
Have you tried forcing a new guide update? You may need to re-scan the OTA channels and then try to go all the way to the right in the guide. If that doesn't work, try a Check Switch and/or a reboot to force the guide update.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Still don't know how they are going to get around the blackout rules, and also a package like that would compete with the leagues own out of market packages.

Have you tried forcing a new guide update? You may need to re-scan the OTA channels and then try to go all the way to the right in the guide. If that doesn't work, try a Check Switch and/or a reboot to force the guide update.
I haven't as it usually fixes itself within the hour. Same thing happened a handful of weeks ago when our ME TV EPG went away.

Reactions: pattykay
Still don't know how they are going to get around the blackout rules, and also a package like that would compete with the leagues own out of market packages.
Only make the live games available in their respective markets, where the leagues' own out-of-market packages already black out those games. Simple.

Wait, are we talking about a new Bally Sports app on Dish, or my proposed Sinclair offering from post number 47 above?

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell

I am receiving WMAQ 5 OTA. I still have the program name but no information. NBC5 05-1 has METV to the left.
NBC5 05-2 still has all of the program information.

I am receiving WMAQ 5 OTA. I still have the program name but no information. NBC5 05-1 has METV to the left.
NBC5 05-2 still has all of the program information.
Mine shows up correctly now. It just took a little bit of time - maybe an hour - and it was all populated correctly.

Today's uplink has all the Bally Sports RSN's mapped up. Still hidden, but interesting that the INFO channels are now renamed to BSAZ for Bally Sports Arizona, etc.

James Long revised that uplink report to actually put the names of the BS RSN's next to those call letters. (Previously, BSN had been incorrectly listed as Busch Satellite Network instead of Bally Sports North, with no names at all next to the rest of them.) Even in the revised list, there is still no BSGL (Bally Sports Great Lakes). So, I guess there is still no hope of seeing the Cleveland Indians games on Dish. :(

James Long revised that uplink report to actually put the names of the BS RSN's next to those call letters. (Previously, BSN had been incorrectly listed as Busch Satellite Network instead of Bally Sports North, with no names at all next to the rest of them.) Even in the revised list, there is still no BSGL (Bally Sports Great Lakes). So, I guess there is still no hope of seeing the Cleveland Indians games on Dish. :(
Looks like NHL network has something done to it

Reactions: pattykay
Looks like NHL network has something done to it
Yes, Dish seems to be testing a way of streaming the channels (in addition to, or perhaps in place of, the satellite-delivered versions) hence the SVOD (Streaming Video On Demand) versions of the channels that were just removed. Apparently, the "+xA9" tacked on at the end of the regular channel numbers will now accomplish the same thing, whenever that functionality actually gets released.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)