Dish and Voom questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

softwiz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 30, 2005
I'll have one Dish 942 receiver and that's it.
I get my digital locals off-air on my own antenna in the attic.
I want to receive all HD (including the Voom channels).

There are orbital locations 110, 119, and 105. It looks like locals and some HD comes from 105.

Do I need the SD locals from Dish Network so that the digitals show up in the guide? Should I go ahead and get the SD locals even though I get all the local digitals?

I already have a Voom dish and I only have two cables coming into the house and want to keep it that way.

The DP34 switch appears to take 3 inputs. With a SuperDish, there's already 3 inputs so there nothing left for the Voom input.

What would be my outside configuration be in the following senarios

a. SD locals required
b. SD locals not required

1. Yes, you'll be paying for the locals with the leasing of the 942 anyways, so they;ll be included. (I take it you figured out that your locals are on 105?) because that's all that would be on there, it's not a standard dish orbital

2. In order to add the voom dish to the super dish. The switch they'd have to use would be a DPP44, and your voom lnb would have to be replace with a DP Dual/Single, and they'd also have to have the bracket for the DP lnb so that it fits on the voom dish's arm

Actually I was assuming that Indianapolis was on 105. Are all locals at 105 or is there a place where you can find out?

This sounds like a lot of work at least out by the dish.

So you see no problem with the existing two cables with one 942?

Thanks.

Oh, perfect you're in luck.

The indianapolis locals are on 119 as Well as 1 channel in 61.5 :)

So you'd be setup with a dish 500 and a dish 300 to get your 1 local at 61.5 and you'll be perfectly set up to receive the voom channels.

You don't need a superdish.

Just when you call to order, if they don;t ask make it clear that you want the second dish installed to get all your local channels, and they are required to do it for free.

Excellent!!! That simplifies things. Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to let them know.

BFG said:
Oh, perfect you're in luck.

The indianapolis locals are on 119 as Well as 1 channel in 61.5 :)

So you'd be setup with a dish 500 and a dish 300 to get your 1 local at 61.5 and you'll be perfectly set up to receive the voom channels.

You don't need a superdish.

Just when you call to order, if they don;t ask make it clear that you want the second dish installed to get all your local channels, and they are required to do it for free.

Is there a site to go and check where my locals are? I am in NW Chicago suburbs.

Thanks.

-k

BFG said:
You can use this page: http://ekb.dbstalk.com/143

If you're city is listed there then you qualify for a free second dish.

Chicago is on there :)

Thanks for the info. After some thought, I am not sure if I want 2 dishes. I will need to see how I can make them look inconspicuous.

-k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts