DISH Announces 2014 CES Press Event

I think a Super Joey would go on the second host port of a duo node... Nothing different than a second Hopper.

Yep I agree. It would essentially be a 2 Hopper install with 1 less tuner. I guess if the fees are slightly lower then it may interest folks. If they can get 5 tuner integration might we see complete 2 Hopper integration? I can't see why not. I'll stick with my 2 HWS/2 Joe setup. Mine work just fine via wifi if I see the need to do so.

I think a Super Joey would go on the second host port of a duo node... Note that this wastes one tuner socket (for want of a better word for it) on the duo node. Shoulda put in a 3rd tuner in the Super Joey and one-upped DirecTV!

They have already one upped DirecTV, the have a 6 tuner set up with 2 Hoppers. The Super Joey just adds to it.

So if you have a virtual joey on a PS3, does that come at a price per month? Too early to know?

Yep I agree. It would essentially be a 2 Hopper install with 1 less tuner. I guess if the fees are slightly lower then it may interest folks. If they can get 5 tuner integration might we see complete 2 Hopper integration? I can't see why not. I'll stick with my 2 HWS/2 Joe setup. Mine work just fine via wifi if I see the need to do so.

I would assume that it has complete integration. They only said the Super Joey had 2 tuners, they never said anything about it having a DVR or any type of hard drive. I'm assuming it uses the hard drive on the Hopper somehow and therefore allows full 5 tuner integration.

I was surprised by this quote from the presser,
"Our partnership with Apple is paying dividends for the Dish brand. 60% of people who take iPad say have more positive view of Dish b/c of it. On average, each person tells five others about the deal," Moorhead says

I didn't think the percentage would have been that high.

I got my free iPad...from a raffle drawing at my employer's Christmas party. I don't have a more positive view of my employer because of it. And they gave me an iPad Air 16GB, not an iPad 2 or Mini. :D

I would assume that it has complete integration. They only said the Super Joey had 2 tuners, they never said anything about it having a DVR or any type of hard drive. I'm assuming it uses the hard drive on the Hopper somehow and therefore allows full 5 tuner integration.

I thought I heard Joe say it recorded to the Hopper. So your 2nd assumption was right. But how did you get to the first assumption, the "complete integration" part? All the ease of use stuff pertained to Dish Explorer, unless I'm sorely mistaken. There was also the Google Glass thing.

They may have to. This is the part that drives me crazy as a retailer. I'm hearing the awesome news at the same time as the rest of you but I have no idea as to what the details are. Now I have to wait for Dish to get me the info on fees and all the other important tidbits. I'm pretty antsy right now.

And how many X can go with how many Y.

They allow four Hoppers (I have four) but it's pricey and I had to come up with a backend to support them. It would be nice if they came out with a better backend. I'd definitely swap out my backend for something simpler.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

So is the "Super Joey" A live Product? As in is it released or going to be in the next month? I ask because I left dish two years ago because I got mad after spending hundreds of dollars to get a 922 with the promise of the multiroom extender to allow the second output to be HD. After over a year of waiting they killed the extender that was also shown at CES. So fool me once shame once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. I will come back to dish if the "Super Joey" actually exist and is out of beta and has an actual release date but they are not going to get me again with soon.

So is the "Super Joey" A live Product? As in is it released or going to be in the next month? I ask because I left dish two years ago because I got mad after spending hundreds of dollars to get a 922 with the promise of the multiroom extender to allow the second output to be HD. After over a year of waiting they killed the extender that was also shown at CES. So fool me once shame once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. I will come back to dish if the "Super Joey" actually exist and is out of beta and has an actual release date but they are not going to get me again with soon.

I'd say we'll have more info on that after the Retailer Chat, which I think is later this week.

Well, you better wait at least a year as the rest of the Dish customer field "beta" tests it. ;)

Just kidding, mostly. The HWS is still getting bugs worked out/introduced into it.

They may have to. This is the part that drives me crazy as a retailer. I'm hearing the awesome news at the same time as the rest of you but I have no idea as to what the details are. Now I have to wait for Dish to get me the info on fees and all the other important tidbits. I'm pretty antsy right now.

Maybe it'll be something simple that connects to the node so the SJ can see the Hopper. It would probably need it's own sat feed to feed to addition tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)