DISH announces FREE iPad Promotion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The other thing is that the iPad Mini is the newer product and thus is likely to receive software updates from Apple for a longer period of time from when a customer gets it if they get it during the promotional period, and be compatible with new apps for a longer period of time, again starting from "today", not starting from when the two devices were first produced. The iPad 2 is already two generations behind- I'm sure it's still an enjoyable product to have, but a year or two from now and beyond, it'll probably be much less enjoyable to have than a now current-gen iPad mini, unless those extra inches of screen space on the iPad 2 really really matter to a given individual. And, to be fair, it's possible that those extra inches of screen space do matter- I don't own a tablet, I've never seen a 10 inch tablet, and I've only seen a pair of 7 inch tablets (Neither of them iPads) that relatives have very briefly. So I'm not an expert or anything. :)

Not only that but it has better cameras and Bluetooth 4.0. Both have the same resolution and processor but I think the Mini is actually the better piece of hardware out of the too. It's still a step down from the iPad 4 but at least the Mini came out in the same hardware cycle while the iPad 2 is a couple years old at this point.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have not seen or heard any official reports on the iPad Mini yet. I only saw a picture of our order entry site that showed the option. So I'm not 100% certain new customers will be able to get it yet.

I am hearing from a lot of retailers upset over this promotion as they can not advertise it the way they want. For example a retailer cant put a sign up in front of his store saying "Come in and find out how to get a new iPad."

I addition all ads have to be approved by Apple before they can be used.

I am hearing from a lot of retailers upset over this promotion as they can not advertise it the way they want. For example a retailer cant put a sign up in front of his store saying "Come in and find out how to get a new iPad."

I addition all ads have to be approved by Apple before they can be used.

The marketing right now if terrible. There are too many details since it involves an Apple product. It took me a few days but I have an approved radio ad going already. Dish is only allowing a few different option to produce marketing for us. It sucks because I think a lot of retailers are excited to promoted it but can't.

Apple being dictatorial over what you can do with their products? Shocking...

I'll be surprised if this ipad offer lasts for the entire promo. I just don't see many lining up to get 1......:confused:

Then to top it off they jack up the price that retailers have to pay for the hopper.

The only positive I see in this new promo are the instant discounts with no online redemption.

They really should just stick to peddling tv......also the hopper is a nice receiver but not an earth shattering gotta have for many people. Especially since it is now $12......:eek:

I'll be surprised if this ipad offer lasts for the entire promo. I just don't see many lining up to get 1......:confused:

Then to top it off they jack up the price that retailers have to pay for the hopper.

The only positive I see in this new promo are the instant discounts with no online redemption.

They really should just stick to peddling tv......also the hopper is a nice receiver but not an earth shattering gotta have for many people. Especially since it is now $12......:eek:

Yes I agree about the new price of the hopper. I think DISH is risking killing the goose that laid the golden egg with this equipment and dvr fee increase on hoppers. THey finally get their hopper receiver national attention with their hopper commercials and now they want to get greedy and jack up the price of the fees, just because they CAN.

Apple being dictatorial over what you can do with their products? Shocking...

I know. It always seems when you are offering products for free, especially another company's product, you have to be very careful with how you word the promotion. Too many legalities.

Yes I agree about the new price of the hopper. I think DISH is risking killing the goose that laid the golden egg with this equipment and dvr fee increase on hoppers. THey finally get their hopper receiver national attention with their hopper commercials and now they want to get greedy and jack up the price of the fees, just because they CAN.

Pure greed that dish has. They'll say oh well we're still cheaper than directv though. Which for new customers getting a 2nd hopper I'm not sure they are much cheaper than directv anymore. I just saw a commercial on tv of them bashing direct saying how direct doesn't have 10 of the most popular channels in their lower package. I can't justify their increase for new customers though if they want a 2nd hopper. If the hopper had been a 6 tuner dvr to begin with then there would have been no Need for a 2nd hopper.

Pure greed that dish has. They'll say oh well we're still cheaper than directv though. Which for new customers getting a 2nd hopper I'm not sure they are much cheaper than directv anymore. I just saw a commercial on tv of them bashing direct saying how direct doesn't have 10 of the most popular channels in their lower package. I can't justify their increase for new customers though if they want a 2nd hopper. If the hopper had been a 6 tuner dvr to begin with then there would have been no Need for a 2nd hopper.

Amen Brother, on the 6 tuner hopper. I have been saying that all along and even hinted last year that the reason why they offered the 2nd hopper for only $7.00 was so they could go up on the fees after we all upgraded to a second hopper. They did just that this week ,but due to our outrage expressed on this site, they grandfathered all of us that already had hoppers before 5/23 . But GOD knows how long "grandfathering" will last when it comes to DISH. Soon I expect them to say that ANY changes to your account will trigger the new Hike on equipment/DVR FEES. DISH is still the KING of , CHarge it because we CAN :FEES.:rolleyes:

If you think about it when you take away the dvr fees the cost isn't so bad. They should start a program but to own where you can either buy your dvrs or make monthly payments on them and once it's paid you no longer owe the dvr fees . One reason I stay with satellite is because with comcast and wow they both charge an hd fee per month.

If you think about it when you take away the dvr fees the cost isn't so bad. They should start a program but to own where you can either buy your dvrs or make monthly payments on them and once it's paid you no longer owe the dvr fees . One reason I stay with satellite is because with comcast and wow they both charge an hd fee per month.

The closest thing that DISH has to that is you buy an external hard drive for a 211k and pay $40.00 one time fee and you no longer have a dvr fee. But nothing like that with the hopper. Would sure be nice if they did allow it since I own all my hoppers and joeys on my account.

You really think that a 6-tuner Hopper would have been "cheaper" than two 3-tuner Hoppers? I seriously doubt that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts