DISH Announces Universal Sports Network

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Universal Sports HD

There is one channel i would like to see add onto Dish it is called Universal Sports HD.if you would like to see it added contact Dish and tell them to add this channel to your lineup.Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Bluegras

Universal Sports is supposedly coming to 402. But it's an SD channel. It was listed as uplinked a few weeks ago but has not been made available yet.

One channel?? Yeah, right!!!!

Here, this will help your future postings about new HD. Just plug in that day's network and your good to go!!!

There is one channel i would like to see add onto Dish it is called <insert network here> HD.if you would like to see it added contact Dish and tell them to add this channel to your lineup.Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Bluegras

Got the email and completely missed that part of it. Now trying to find out if it is worth getting the Sports Pack.

I already get FSC, MLB, and Big Ten Network. It doesn't appear the Sports Pack can be added to a package less than $45 so I can't downgrade the package and add Sports Pack. And I don't see any curling on the viewing schedule. So I guess I won't be adding it then.

Always nice to have more options, though.

So I take it will only be available in the Sports Pack, not AT250 or other base package?

DISH Network just sent out an email announcing that they are adding Universal Sports Network this month.

https://dishnetworkmail.com/servlet/formlink/f?KpkoQSCWDVLuHptVOoplLOhtMCTSWxPHohhQJhuVJpKVSTU

I thought Universal was just Versus with a rebranding? We've already had this channel no? (I don't really watch it as I am not a big hockey guy).

I'm more concerned about missing SNY in the New York Market for the second year. Plus no YES or MSG. Basically we are paying for regional sports networks that we don't get (yes, we were ahead fo teh game for a few years there, but now are in siberia sports wise). With my Mets being crappy for the next three years minimum, it won't be THAT painful, and my Giants are always on broadcast, but still......

I guess I have to hope that some streaming source presents itself somewhere (either the XBox or through the Google TV).

edit. - Versus became the NBC Sports Network in January 2012..... Sorry for the confusion.... Hard to blame me though, NBC Sports or Universal Sports with a peacock overlay... Bwa, OK.

Last edited:
I thought Universal was just Versus with a rebranding? We've already had this channel no? (I don't really watch it as I am not a big hockey guy).

I'm more concerned about missing SNY in the New York Market for the second year. Plus no YES or MSG. Basically we are paying for regional sports networks that we don't get (yes, we were ahead fo teh game for a few years there, but now are in siberia sports wise). With my Mets being crappy for the next three years minimum, it won't be THAT painful, and my Giants are always on broadcast, but still......

I guess I have to hope that some streaming source presents itself somewhere (either the XBox or through the Google TV).

Not to my knowledge Universal Sports used to be on one of my OTA channels,but when I heard D* picked it up it was gone from OTA.:(

Universal Sports was an OTA subchannel. But when the NBC/Comcast thing went down they (NBC/Comcast) decided to move it to cable/satellite

On September 12, 2011, it was announced that Universal Sports would convert to being exclusively distributed to cable and satellite providers in an effort to make the channel more of an official national sports network as a division NBC Sports, and would no longer operate as an over-the-air digital multicast network beginning in January

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts