DISH Announces Universal Sports Network

dan188 said:
give it time and it will go hd

talked to csr and they said universal sports is not comming but could put a request in. I pointed out that their own newsletter said its being added to multisport and they said its the first they heard of customers getting notice and that nothing is in the works.

talked to csr and they said universal sports is not comming but could put a request in. I pointed out that their own newsletter said its being added to multisport and they said its the first they heard of customers getting notice and that nothing is in the works.

CSR's are not told ANYTHING about new channels until they are lit up and officially online.

Kind of ridiculous to brag to your viewers that you have the channel for an extra $7 when they used to receive it for free with an OTA Antenna.

And where do you get it free now? Does my local cable company in Ct have it? No. How is it ridiculous that Dish added it to an existing package? If they added it to the Top 250 many (most) would be paying $10 more to see it, some paying $20 more, etc... Dish did anyone who wants it a favor by doing it this way, unless you think somehow Dish is now going to add channels to all packages.... This is a Niche sports channel, it's in the proper package, why make someone in a Top120 package pay for it?

Last edited:
Pretty much every channel in the sports pack is also in AT250. I see no reason they can't also add USN to AT250. Tennis channel is also a niche channel, so that argument doesn't hold.

I guess that depends on what you consider Niche. I don't consider Tennis niche at all, not even close. And my argument certainly still holds - so you want someone who is at Top 120 to have to jump to Top 250 to get this channel? A $20 jump. (yes you get alot more programming but presumably they don't want or can't afford it) But at $7 maybe they would, plus they might already have that package if they like sports. If you are saying it should be in Top 250 also, that's fine, but for me not if it will raise my package cost thank-you. It is in the correct package. Sports already is costing packages proportionally more than most channels, a long standing discussion here.

i would like to see the channel added in At250 and i would like to see the channel in HD.

Thanks Dare2Be. Tampa, quote frankly. I don't see any point in paying $7 for something I got free for years, and hasn't improved in any way. They couldn't do with it, what they do with the other sports channels? Leave multi sports for RSNs and Red Zone. Also, considering that I have 250, which is pretty much every non premium English speaking channel in the country, we 250 subs shouldn't be asked to pay more for something we got free, because you chose a less expensive package, doesn't I should have to go without.

Thanks Dare2Be. Tampa, quote frankly. I don't see any point in paying $7 for something I got free for years, and hasn't improved in any way. They couldn't do with it, what they do with the other sports channels? Leave multi sports for RSNs and Red Zone.
Well, Tampa does have one good point...while you had been getting USN for free, I'd bet a majority of people haven't been getting it at all in their local OTA. Having it in the sports pack will allow subs below AT250 to get it rather inexpensively compared to having to jump up to a higher base pack. But my point is that it should be in both the sports pack and AT250, just like the majority of existing sports pack channels are already.

dare2be said:
Pretty much every channel in the sports pack is also in AT250. I see no reason they can't also add USN to AT250. Tennis channel is also a niche channel, so that argument doesn't hold.

btn isn't in 250 for every one also its the only way to get redzone during footbal. if btn isn't a rsn in your area you can het via multisport. that's what I'm doing

According to the Dish Network website, they are picking up Universal Sports this month (February). I noticed that CBS Sports has been moved from channel 152 to channel 158 in the guide. Since NBC Sports is channel 151 (broadcast in HD), it would make sense to add Universal Sports to channel 152. Universal Sports is just beginning HD broadcasts this month, maybe Dish is just waiting until the channel is available in HD to add it to the lineup.

According to the Dish Network website, they are picking up Universal Sports this month (February). I noticed that CBS Sports has been moved from channel 152 to channel 158 in the guide. Since NBC Sports is channel 151 (broadcast in HD), it would make sense to add Universal Sports to channel 152. Universal Sports is just beginning HD broadcasts this month, maybe Dish is just waiting until the channel is available in HD to add it to the lineup.
Yes, but there are others on here that seem to think that 152 is going to be MLB Alternate. :rolleyes:

There is no Universal Sports HD channel.

Not yet, anyway. One of the reasons NBCU decided to migrate US to cable/dish was due to limited bandwidth on OTA multicast. As I remember, they specifically indicated their plans to start an HD version in their September announcement. When it actually fires up is still unknown, but London's calling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts