DISH Announces Universal Sports Network

thank you for that link it says that including the planned launch of Universal Sports later this year.i wonder when they are are going to launch it before the Olympics?

We all know it is going to launch this month, but does anyone really know the actual date. If Dish is increasing the sports package on Feb. 23, 2012, maybe on this date, Universal Sportsnetwork will launch. Hopefully, they will launch it in HD. But, according to Satellite Guys.us, it is only going to be in SD. Who really knows. I went on the Dish answers on Facebook, and someone else asked if USN was going to be added, and the Dish Rep said again no knowledge of it actually being added. I just hope it will be added, but I want to see it before I believe it.

I agree with you on this. If you have the top 250, why should you have to get another additional sports package, just for one. Now, I know Directv introduced this channel as a way to get their customers if you like this channel you have to pay a little extra after the trial date is over. If that is what Dish intends to do, then I will probably go with it. Who knows? I love the Olympics, so in all likelyhood, I will add it on if Dish does decides to launch it.

I think I signed up for Dish's emails, but not for sure. Let me know how to sign up. I want this channel. I think it will be 9.00 a month within the package, but I will not add package until Universal Sports is added to lineup.
I think you will be greatly disappointed(not with the channel itself) but being forced to watch it in E*'s crappy over compressed SD format. I find most sports (on dish) unwatchable in SD. I am thinking it must be available someplace online

I think you will be greatly disappointed(not with the channel itself) but being forced to watch it in E*'s crappy over compressed SD format. I find most sports (on dish) unwatchable in SD. I am thinking it must be available someplace online

It was available online through a Chinese program that streamed TV networks from NYC. When NBC took it down from ota/cable, it went away. I could not find it anywhere else.

jackson85 said:
I think I signed up for Dish's emails, but not for sure. Let me know how to sign up. I want this channel. I think it will be 9.00 a month within the package, but I will not add package until Universal Sports is added to lineup.

a lot. of the channels I get since I have at200 other than redzone and btn as well as other rsns not sure what else um getting by having both

I agree that most Dish SD for sports is hard to watch. Whether Universal follows that suit is to be determined.

I agree that most Dish SD for sports is hard to watch. Whether Universal follows that suit is to be determined.

The channel hasn't even launched on Dish yet everyone is already bitching about the quality. I guess people think Charlie can magically turn a SD only channel into HD.

I've heard similar complaints about D* SD quality.

SD looks fine on my CRT HDTV :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts