DISH Anywhere and data usage

rvvaquero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 3, 2012
SE Texas
I don't have a Hopper, just a Wally. When I'm camping, I can use DISH Anywhere to watch DISH programming from the Guide. I can't watch any recorded programs because my receiver is not a Hopper or Sling capable.

My question is.................when I'm watching programming remotely through DISH Anywhere, do I use any bandwidth on my home internet? Does DISH Anywhere get the programming directly from DISH or from my receiver? The reason I ask is my home internet is cellular and not unlimited.

Thanks.

The Wally doesn't send any programming out to other devices, so you'll be streaming the live channels that are available directly from DISH. Whatever network your DISH Anywhere device is on will be consuming bandwidth to stream the programming.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I don't have a Hopper, just a Wally. When I'm camping, I can use DISH Anywhere to watch DISH programming from the Guide. I can't watch any recorded programs because my receiver is not a Hopper or Sling capable.

My question is.................when I'm watching programming remotely through DISH Anywhere, do I use any bandwidth on my home internet? Does DISH Anywhere get the programming directly from DISH or from my receiver? The reason I ask is my home internet is cellular and not unlimited.

Thanks.
Your uploading data....You should contact your ISP and ask them.....For me all they care about is downloading as thats far more common than uploading......I upload most sports off my Sligbox when Im away from home.

You do know a Wally is DVR (external) capable, right? If you record on the Wally at home you can take it with you camping.
I was recording on a VIP211K for years before getting the Wally. I record up to four programs at once on the Wally. However, I can not view those recorded programs remotely. It has no Sling capability.

The Wally doesn't send any programming out to other devices, so you'll be streaming the live channels that are available directly from DISH.
That's what I was hoping. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)