Dish anywhere and Linux?

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
Has anyone been able to run Dish anywhere in Linux?
If so which version of Linux and what did you have to do to make it happen.

I can bring up the website but can't access any content live or DVR. I get a not compatible message.

Not sure how it works on other platforms, but on the Mac and Windows(I think), you need a DISHAnywherePlayer app to actually view content, live or recorded. Since there is no app for Linux that I know of, I am unsure how this would work. I guess you could try getting a Windows App to work in Wine, but I have no experience with that.

Reactions: JSheridan
not sure if anyone else is having issues today, but my windows da app isn't working today, neither is the website..

I got a message about a new DISHAnywherPlayer app, but it went away before I could click on the link.

Edit: after several retries, I finally got the new player downloaded. Seems to be working fine.

I got a message about a new DISHAnywherPlayer app, but it went away before I could click on the link.

Edit: after several retries, I finally got the new player downloaded. Seems to be working fine.

If you don't mind could you tell me what version of the player app you're using. Mine is doing some weird stuff and isn't working. The player starts and then the screen gets very dark and stays stuck on 'Loading Video Player'.

I tried to get an update screen but was not successful so I uninstalled it and got the prompt to download, which I did. I installed what downloaded V 2.1.6.429 which did the same thing. So I uninstalled again and then when I selected Watch Live TV I got a Windows message to look for the app in the Windows Store, which doesn't have any Dish apps available. So I re-installed the player file I downloaded earlier today and it still doesn't work. Tried Firefox and IE and it does the same thing. The last time I checked a few weeks ago it worked fine. Glad I don't rely on it. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you don't mind could you tell me what version of the player app you're using. Mine is doing some weird stuff and isn't working. The player starts and then the screen gets very dark and stays stuck on 'Loading Video Player'.

I tried to get an update screen but was not successful so I uninstalled it and got the prompt to download, which I did. I installed what downloaded V 2.1.6.429 which did the same thing. So I uninstalled again and then when I selected Watch Live TV I got a Windows message to look for the app in the Windows Store, which doesn't have any Dish apps available. So I re-installed the player file I downloaded earlier today and it still doesn't work. Tried Firefox and IE and it does the same thing. The last time I checked a few weeks ago it worked fine. Glad I don't rely on it. :)

2.1.6.429 here and it's been working fine for months....I normally have it on cnbc for about 8hrs/day, today however it's a no go....I also get an error when I try to login via the web (dishanywhere.com)....iphone app still works fine.

EDIT....HAHHA, it started working right after I posted this!

2.1.6.429 here and it's been working fine for months....I normally have it on cnbc for about 8hrs/day, today however it's a no go....I also get an error when I try to login via the web (dishanywhere.com)....iphone app still works fine.

Thanks. It's a mess here too. Won't even log in on the laptop.

Has anyone been able to run Dish anywhere in Linux?
If so which version of Linux and what did you have to do to make it happen.

I can bring up the website but can't access any content live or DVR. I get a not compatible message.

the da system was hosed up until about 2pm eastern...I can now access da via web....may have been some of your issue

mine started working right after I made my post....double-check yours too...it hasn't worked all morning

Thanks for the post but still no luck here. A very dark stuck 'Loading Video Player' screen on the PC and still won't even log in on the laptop. I'm not gonna worry about it. :)

I am at 1.1.6.427 on the Mac. It always worked for me on my laptop without issue today. Can't say the same for my FireStick.

I too just tried on the website, got the message

upload_2018-4-11_14-19-41.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)