Dish Anywhere / Android 5.0 issues

I haven't had an android for some years now, do they update automatically, or can you hold it off for a bit?

They actually complain that they have an update available. Android and IOS are in competition to complain the most about updates available so they don't look bad in the press, aka fragmentation...

I always keep my devices up to date, usually before actual releases, the reason I've had 5.0 since July.

We have a funny household, my fiance NEVER updates her iphone/ipad's, letting apps go months. I wake up in the morning, check mail, and check the app store on all my devices (g3, n7, n10 and 2 google tv's).

Lol. That's not strange. I do the same with my IPhone. It's updated ASAP. I usually am researching the update ahead of time, but my mother and brother will let their phones sit there for months. Usually til I visit, grab their phones and perform the update behind their backs.

Believe me, there's a lot of people waiting on this. I'm holding off upgrading my Nexus 7 tablet until resolved and will do the same on my Droid Turbo phone which will likely get Lollipop 5.0 within a month or so. This really should not be a big deal, the number of apps not compatible is now infinitesimally small.

Yeah.... I'm thinking I may move my Nexus 7 (2013) back to 4.4.4. Keep the 10 at 5.01. Maybe the Nexus 7 (2012) as well, since 5 doesn't seem to run very good on it. Luckily I just use that one for Google Music in my office.

Just frustrating, with 5.0 release back 5 months ago for developers, and Dish not getting this taken care of in advance...

Another wave of devices starting soak test for 5.0 today meaning, thousands of more devices will be incompatible with DA within a couple of weeks. It's dragged on longer than I expected, sure hope it's done soon.

Not sure if serious but, this one filled up quickly & is now closed. It's for the just released Droid Turbo, an absolute beast of a phone I might add.

ALWAYS serious about testing. :) I have a nexus 7 (2013 and 2012), Nexus 10, all running 5.01 (except the 2012, it is just 5.0) as well as the LG G3 running 4.4.2

So yes, I would love to help test out dish anywhere...

You can sign up on the Motorola Feedback Network. Invites go out via email and participants are selected from respondents who reply wanting to do so. These test fill quickly and if past history is any guide, you have to reply immediately to get into the soak. After the soak is complete, testers fill out a questionnaire with the goal of identifying any bugs & quirks discovered in the build. Occasionally, there can be multiple soaks prior to a mass version release but doesn't happen often.

FWIW, all participants are bound by a nondisclosure agreement and are prohibited from divulging any information about the test for it's duration. That said, some information always seems to leak out at least, in generalities. I don't know of other manufacturers who uses soak test other than Moto however, there may be some.

Jason is reporting over at dish's community forum that the update has been released to the Google play store, so hopefully it will show up soon!!!

Jason is reporting over at dish's community forum that the update has been released to the Google play store, so hopefully it will show up soon!!!

Yep - just got an email saying the same thing. FWIW, I don't think it will show up UNLESS you're running 5.0 - must not be universally compatible with other Android versions.

Yep - just got an email saying the same thing. FWIW, I don't think it will show up UNLESS you're running 5.0 - must not be universally compatible with other Android versions.

I am running lollipop and I am ready. :) ice for 2 join Oliver's in dying to download so I can watch/listen to at work. :)