Dish Anywhere / Android 5.0 issues

Lots of problems being reported though, seems to work with tablets & fail on phones.

The only thing I saw was out on android police where someone wasn't getting the new update on his nexus 4/5/6.

So I think the rollout is going slow, and people need to make sure they have the update...

yeah the guy on android police was saying he was seeing problems with folks complaining there, as he was complaining on AP. Come to find out he was still getting the old version.
Right. There's a glitch somewhere with the existing version apparently being pushed out to some devices as the updated version for 5.0. Seems plausible it could be a problem with Google Play identifying devices accurately. Who knows though?, doesn't seem like it should be hard to sort out. It does seem this is the problem though, I haven't seen anyone yet who actually got the correct version pushed with issues.

yeah the guy on android police was saying he was seeing problems with folks complaining there, as he was complaining on AP. Come to find out he was still getting the old version.
I think I know who you are talking about, and that conversation was entertaining to sit back and just read.

Reactions: Santinelli
After rebooting my phone tonight the new version popped up. Install was smooth, correct version & runs well in a limited test. Total redesign of the app with new features & a new dark theme that will require a little getting used to.

The latest update is "working" on my HTC One M8 (GPE) running Lollipop. This app is SLOOOOOOOOOW....reminds me of the Netflix app when Jelly Bean first came out and how sluggish it was. It "works" (i.e., doesn't crash), but it's unusable currently.​

Running really fast on the Moto X 2nd Gen with Lollipop. I'm not seeing any sluggishness.
Flashed back to stock 4.4.4 and it's smooth. Perhaps it was the unofficial Google Play Experience Lollipop ROM I was running on my Verizon HTC One M8... Damn crackflashing, it'll get me everytime. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)