DISH Anywhere buffering?

You talk about 6MPBS down. What is the up speed? That's the one that is important to better reception while away. I know I have 6 up and did just fine watching a DVRd program in the Frankfurt, Germany airport.

ive got 70 down and 6 up.

Seriously, we need to have a separate Dish Anywhere Zone section. :thumbup
:eeek

the-dish-anywhere.jpg

At the beach again and this problem is not so severe but still annoying. Watching the Giants/Cowboys and while it is watchable that d*** spinning circle that indicates buffering keeps popping up, even though the pic is ok! Have cleared the cache on my firestick a few times so that doesn’t appear to be the problem. At least we’ve been able to watch what little DVR’d content we have.

Reactions: papachops
Trying to watch live TV on DishAnywhere with SONY Android TV, on a bad day my internet is is 100Mbps down/120Mbps up. The image is reduced to like 420p and it still constantly buffers. I swap over to Netflix, peacock, Hulu, etc. Not a single problem.

Trying to watch live TV on DishAnywhere with SONY Android TV, on a bad day my internet is is 100Mbps down/120Mbps up. The image is reduced to like 420p and it still constantly buffers. I swap over to Netflix, peacock, Hulu, etc. Not a single problem.
My wife and were watching our upstate NY and Vermont channels on DA on a Firestick 4K Max from our overnight stop in here in northern PA for several hours today, until we switched to Netflix a few minutes ago. Our Verizon cell Internet here is mediocre at best with about 8 meg down and 6 up. We only saw one brief buffering event on DA, and that was during a commercial. I didn't bother raising our aimable AT&T dual antenna since we're only here for the night, and haven't tested the speed with it down.

Need at least 6 mpbs upload speed is what DISH told me back when I was trying to watch it via I pad on my old receiver.
The $15/mo basic Senior Internet plan we have at our NY cottage is 30 Mbps down and 5 up. Most of what we watched on DA today was direct streamed though, until we went to the local and national news.