Dish Anywhere & Firestick issues

For Dish Anywhere to work you need an internet connection to your Hopper, preferably with UPLOAD from home speed of at least 10Mbps. The download speed should be higher than the upload but upload is critical.

Both connections may be hardwired but if you use the firestick - wireless on the download end.

For Dish Anywhere to work you need an internet connection to your Hopper, preferably with UPLOAD from home speed of at least 10Mbps. The download speed should be higher than the upload but upload is critical.

Both connections may be hardwired but if you use the firestick - wireless on the download end.
Even the Firestick can apparently be hardwired if desired.

Even the Firestick can apparently be hardwired if desired.

That's true, my Firestick, at home, is ethernet connected and DA works just fine off of it. But for the road travelers WiFi is the usual method.

I have two internet options. One is T-Mobile which I would take the gateway with me on trips. The other is Dish 5G. It will stay home, but the upload speeds are less than 10 mbps most of the time. The download is in the 130 mbps range.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have two internet options. One is T-Mobile which I would take the gateway with me on trips. The other is Dish 5G. It will stay home, but the upload speeds are less than 10 mbps most of the time. The download is in the 130 mbps range.
We frequently stream while in transit from the H2 at our upstate NY cottage with DA using our $15/mo Spectrum 30/5 Internet service. Other than an occasional brief buffer, it works quite well.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Dish Anywhere on an Amazon Firestick works well, except for the skip function, which often results in a spinning icon for a minute or so. occasionally, it locks up with the spinning icon forever. My Hopper and the Firestick are both connected to the same home network. I replaced Joeys with Firesticks using Dishanywhere to reduce my bill.

The Stupid DVR and receiver fees are one reason dish has lost several customers..I use the RV pay as you go account and have three hopper 2's,one 222k and two 211k's on my account..Originally I used the 3 hopper 2's which gave me 3 paired dish anywhere accounts with all channels including locals and dvr access from all receivers..cost $25 month..I don't use dvr any so I went back to using 222k and one 211k cost $5 month..Now I currently have top200 package and dishanywhere can be used on unlimited firesticks for around 170 channels of live tv..Hopper receiver are not worth owning unless you dvr
That is one reason I still like my vip 211k. No fees, plus the DVR add on, the one time charge and that was it, and the built in OTA tuner. I only pay for programming.