Dish Anywhere for Android

HanoverPretzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2006
1. Are the new live streams of MSNBC and NBC Network available on the Android app? I don't see MSNBC under the list of networks on it, and it doesn't come up in "search", but maybe I am missing it. Actually, almost everything appears "locked" on the Android app, but MSNBC doesn't appear at all. Honestly, I may uninstall it. There's just nothing or almost nothing on the app to actually watch if you don't have a premium subscription (i.e. movie channels). The movies and TV shows have locks next to them. The promised NBC stations aren't there.

Am I missing anything? Has anyone been able to get this to come up using Android so far?

2. This app requires that it be kept on internal storage and not transferred to a microSD card. This is a problem for people with cheap pre-paid Android phones and limited internal space- and folks with older phones. Any way we can get that restriction lifted? That might be another issue with keeping it. It's hard to keep enough room clear on the very small internal drive! By contrast, plenty of room on the microSD card. Common problem with Android app developers- a ton of them seem to think their app is super special and require it be kept on the internal drive. I just don't have the space. I've uninstalled a lot of apps over that issue. It's very hard to keep enough space clear to install updates to existing apps and keep the few "must have" apps that on the phone that require being on the internal drive. Most of the room is taken up by the operating system and preinstalled apps one can't ever completely get rid of.

I think those are only for computer viewing on the Dishanywhere website, not for the phone apps.

http://www.dishanywhere.com/networks/msnbc_33

The apps are for On demand and Sling use

Okay. Thanks. Doesn't sound like my thing, but not Dish's fault, I just had the wrong impression. :) Good to know now so I can just uninstall instead of fiddling around for a few weeks trying to get it to cough up my MSNBC. ;) I'm sure it's a good app for people who have Sling players, order PPV movies, or even have those movie channels that have all the locked on-demand content. Just isn't a good fit with the package/equipment/potential use case I have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts