Dish Anywhere Has live streaming toggle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What is a live streaming toggle?

DishAnywhere normally streams programming from a subscriber's Internet connected Hopper receiver to remote Internet connected devices like PC's, phones, tablets, etc. The new "Live Streaming" feature when enabled (toggled), allows streaming certain channels direct from a central server instead of from the Hopper. I haven't dug in enough yet to determine the source of the feeds. They could be coming from the individual channels, or it may be something Dish has set up with the channel owner's permission.

In Dish Anywhere on an iPhone, Live Stream is an option when filtering the guide e.g. Favorites, Movies, Live Stream, etc.. As a Welcome Pack sub, this currently produces a list of 5 channels: CMT, Comedy Central, Food, HGTV, MTV2. Dish Anywhere in Firefox on a Mac produces the same short list.

Thanks! I didn't think to look there...

My Android app and Chrome live streaming lists for my Top 200 package:

CMT
Comedy Central
MTV
MTV2
Paramount
VH-1
Nick Jr
TeenNick
BET
Cooking
DIY
Food
HGTV
Travel

A more complete list, for anyone who is interested:

BET
CMT
Comedy Central
Cooking
DIY
Food
HGTV
Logo
MTV
MTV2
NFL Network*
Nick Jr.
Paramount
TeenNick
Travel
TV Land
VH-1

(In other words, NYDutch's list from post number 10 plus Logo, TV Land, and NFL Network)

*NFL Network shows up by clicking the Networks tab at the top, then clicking the Filter button and selecting Show Only Live Networks. However, NFL Network does not appear in the guide by turning on the Live Streaming toggle.

Reactions: NYDutch
A more complete list, for anyone who is interested:

BET
CMT
Comedy Central
Cooking
DIY
Food
HGTV
Logo
MTV
MTV2
NFL Network*
Nick Jr.
Paramount
TeenNick
Travel
TV Land
VH-1

(In other words, NYDutch's list from post number 10 plus Logo, TV Land, and NFL Network)

*NFL Network shows up by clicking the Networks tab at the top, then clicking the Filter button and selecting Show Only Live Networks. However, NFL Network does not appear in the guide by turning on the Live Streaming toggle.

Yep, those look like a pretty decent cross section of the "TV anywhere" networks. I don't see Disney or ESPN in there; they have "Watch ESPN" and "Watch Disney" TV anywhere apps. Wonder if there will be more to come...

Reactions: pattykay
I really hope the sports channels will be added "soon". ESPN & FOX Sports Go would be great and beIN Sports connect streams would be great too.

I don’t often compliment Dish. But...
Live Streaming via Dish Anywhere, of a subscriber’s channels that already allow live streaming via their own apps, is brilliant. It keeps Dish subscribers “in the fold” with a common Dish Anywhere interface. The subs only need Dish Anywhere on their device(s). And it does not depend on the sub’s internet upload bandwidth. Now all we need is more channels to buy into the concept :)

Last edited:
My Samsung TV doesn't have dish anywhere app..maybe someday..Can watch with the limited internet by going to chrome..
I can already see the ads $$ on the internet with sharing..I had it working on 4 devices at once.. I'm sure that will change

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)