Dish Anywhere - HWS vs Hopper with Sling Adapter?

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
Does Dish Anywhere work any better with the HWS than with the Hopper/Sling Adapter? I've been having problems connecting to my Hoppers with the Adapter. Just wondering if the HWS works better. If so, I'd want to upgrade before the 22nd.

Both work exactly the same for me, which is pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

IIRC, the Hopper + Sling Adapter cannot transfer programming directly to your iPad like the Hoopper w/Sling can.

Otherwise they are functionally the same.

I have mixed results with the Sling Adapter and the ViP722s I have. I'm moving to HWS in hopes of better reliability. But the iPad transfer feature is what has SWMBO sold.

Personally don't have many issues with Sling on HwS, H2k, or 722k. It's about the same experience on all with the exception that 722k can view OTA and EHD, something that neither version of Hopper currently support.

So that makes me wonder if the internal Sling on HWS can be disabled and using the adapter regain those two features?

So that makes me wonder if the internal Sling on HWS can be disabled and using the adapter regain those two features?

Doubt that. Hopper 2000 w/Sling Adapter can't do those two things either.

Reality raises it's ugly head again! ;)

The phrase for the day is "Long Shot."

Viewing the ehd does not work with the adapter and the Hopper. I posted that back in Dec. DIRT replied that that feature on the 722 was actually a bug in the software. Bring back that bug!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)