Dish Anywhere Login to Wrong Account?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TalonDancer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
Twice in the last two days I have logged into Dish anywhere and ended up in someone else’s account.

The first time I though that Dish Anywhere had forgotten my Guide Favorites. But when I checked the DVR, the recordings were not correct. And the Account and Devices were wrong. After logging out and back in, things looked OK.

Then today, I quickly recognized the account was wrong and check the profile to discover someone else’s name, receiver, etc.

Luckily I didn’t make any changes before I logged out of the other person's account !

• Wow
Reactions: TheKrell
That happened to me this morning. I had changed my service address here in Georgia using the Android last night, and when I logged in to DA this morning to check on a recording at our upstate NY cottage, it was listing the Seattle locals in the guide. I logged back out and back in again, and it got it right this time.

Yesterday I forgot to log out of Dish Anywhere. This AM when I went to the DA website I was already logged in as yet another user :( The top picks were way off e.g. they included quite a few children’s animated programs. I could see their timers, daily schedule, purchases, etc. But things like the guide were missing favorites. Thankfully, I couldn’t see their DVR because it was “offline”.

I logged out of the random user's account. Then I logged back into my acount and everything looked normal :)

Still this lack of privacy is a worry :(

• Sad
The same thing happened to me yesterday!

I was watching a news channel on my PC using Dish Anywhere. When I went to the guide, it listed local channels that were not my locals. I clicked on the person icon on the upper right of the screen and it was someone else's profile! When I clicked on that person's profile, it was their account instead of mine.

This was very disturbing to me. I logged out and in and everything seemed normal again, but I wondered if it was possible that another person was logged in to my account.

Loging into Dish Anywhere has become like playing Russian Roulette. — occasionally I actually get my own account. But more often I get logged into some random Dish Anywhere user’s account with very different channels in its Guide. For example, the guide sometimes includes locals from a different area (e.g. KCTV —Kansas City) or mostly beIN Sports streaming channels.

It’s getting to where logging into Dish Anywhere and actually getting my own account is pretty boring :)

Last edited:
Loging into Dish Anywhere has become like playing Russian Roulette. — occasionally I actually get my own account. But more often I get logged into some random Dish Anywhere user’s account with very different channels in its Guide. For example, the guide sometimes includes locals from a different area (e.g. KCTV —Kansas City) or mostly beIN Sports streaming channels.

It’s getting to where logging into Dish Anywhere and actually getting my own account is pretty boring :)

Oh sure, now blame it on the Russians.... :biggrin

• Haha
Reactions: charlesrshell
This morning’s random DA user…
- lives in the Scranton, PA area
- uses the whale for the master admin profile
- has one receiver in the Living Room
- running U727 and
- is probably a sports fan, given the number of sports channels in the guide.

Is anyone happy to have Dish Anywhere continue to randomly allow this level of access to other people’s accounts?

• Angry
That is scary. I'd be pissed if someone logged in and either intentionally or unintentionally deleted my DVR recordings!

I keep trying but only get my own account..I have RV account and it's suspended at this time.All I'm getting is the Hallmark and Showtime channels free plus the movie pack..I promise I won't make any changes if I get your account..LOL

That is scary. I'd be pissed if someone logged in and either intentionally or unintentionally deleted my DVR recordings!
The info that is avaialable looks like it is probably info that is stored on the Dish Anywhere server(s) -- not the receiver. So far the Receiver has been shown as "offline". So there is probably not much chance that DVR recordings are at risk :) But other info is sometimes available. Like other Authorized Devices, video purchases :(

Reactions: lakebum431
I keep trying but only get my own account..I have RV account and it's suspended at this time.All I'm getting is the Hallmark and Showtime channels free plus the movie pack..I promise I won't make any changes if I get your account..LOL
Thanks ! I think :)
BTW there seems to be a time factor in geting the random account. Once I've gotten to my own account, DA keeps logging into the right account for awhile. But if there is a time delay (e.g. I log off in the evening, then log back in the next morning) i almost always get logged into a random account :(

This isn't just a one off kind of glitch. DA has logged me into a half dozen random accounts in the last few days :(

Today I am not logging in to anyone else's accounts like I was yesterday.

Yesterday, Dish Anywhere switched to someone else's account while I was watching a show. When I selected the show, I had my correct local guide. After watching for a while, when I went back to the guide, it was someone else's locals and account.

Dish Anywhere has other login problems. I have noticed that lately, Dish Anywhere does not remember my username/password. I have to log in almost every time that I use it (Chromium Edge on PC). Sometimes, while I am watching a show, the video suddenly stops, and it logs me out.

Reactions: TalonDancer
I haven't logged into DishAnywhere in awhile so I tried it and got somebody's H3 (and no Joeys) with U548 on it. The lack of any recordings almost gave me a heart attack before I realized their receiver was offline. ;)

Reactions: TalonDancer
It just happened again! My guide is showing locals from the Amarillo Texas area (I live in the Hartford CT DMA).

I can actually view their local channels (from Amarillo Texas) on my PC here in Connecticut! This is a serious problem.

EDIT: When I selected the channel from the guide, an on-screen message said: "Someone else is using this receiver, Do you want to take over the video". I answered "Yes" just to see what would happen, and to my surprise, I was watching ABC from Amarillo Texas! I logged out immediately so I would not screw up the other person's account!

EDIT: Also, I just verified that I can watch someone else's recordings on my PC! (I logged in with my credentials, and Dish Anywhere logged me into someone else's account).

EDIT: I had to log in 4 times in order to get to my account! the other 3 times I was in someone else's account!

Last edited:
The half dozen or so times I've logged into Dish Anywhere in the last few days I have always gotten my account. I can't reproduce the problem here at all. Which is good for me, I guess.

Well I blew the dust off the laptop and was able to get someone else's account in Ft Worth this morning..This only happens when I use the PC..I have 3 Android boxes and they always login to my account

EDIT: When I selected the channel from the guide, an on-screen message said: "Someone else is using this receiver, Do you want to take over the video". I answered "Yes" just to see what would happen, and to my surprise, I was watching ABC from Amarillo Texas! I logged out immediately so I would not screw up the other person's account!
And someone in Amarillo said "What the hell happened!?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)