Dish Anywhere needs an aspect ratio toggle

syphix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
Watching SD shows (MeTV, primarily) via Dish Anywhere is annoyingly squished. On the Hopper3, I can stretch it out to it's actual aspect ratio, but that is impossible when watching via Dish Anywhere (regardless of the device: iOS, desktop, FireTV). Any way to fix this? Am I missing a toggle somewhere?

Watching SD shows (MeTV, primarily) via Dish Anywhere is annoyingly squished. On the Hopper3, I can stretch it out to it's actual aspect ratio, but that is impossible when watching via Dish Anywhere (regardless of the device: iOS, desktop, FireTV). Any way to fix this? Am I missing a toggle somewhere?
Doesn't your TV have scale or format settings?

Reactions: charlesrshell
What does that have to do with watching DishAnywhere?
DishAnywhere is usually watched on something other than a TV.
It would be semi interesting to know the usage percentage on phones,tablets,computers and tvs.I know I'm not the only one to go the firestick/tv route to avoid the extra fee on a second tv.
Sorry-back to the issue.

What does that have to do with watching DishAnywhere?
DishAnywhere is usually watched on something other than a TV.
Not in our motorhome, but of course I don't know how everyone else uses it. We do watch programming on our tablets, phones, or PC's from time to time, but overall the larger screen TV's get used the most with our Firesticks and DA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)