Dish Anywhere online better than the app?

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
Apparently you have a lot more programming options going to Dish Anywhere online than you do using the app. My DVR missed that last half of last weeks episode of "Under the Dome" because of tennis running over. I've been hoping to find the episode on my iPad so I could airplay to Apple TV but haven't had any luck anywhere. I tried my CBS app, Dish Anywhere app, iTunes, and several websites but couldn't find it anywhere. Amazon Prime has been the only option I could find for a fee. So this afternoon I got on the computer and was about to buy it from Amazon Prime and thought I would give it one last go around. I actually found it on CBS.com (wasn't an option on their app) and when I click on it to play, it said I had to watch on one of the CBS partners. Well low and behold Dish was one of the options. I clicked on the Dish link and it took me to Dish Anywhere and immediately started playing. I didn't even need to login (I guess anyone can go there and watch shows). I guess I need to take more advantage of that website. It saved me $3 tonight. :)

You must have signed on earlier & the browser remember your account. CBS allow agreed providers in this case dish to allow this show to be watched with adds but on computers only. CBS have sold mobile rights to amazon I believe

Apparently you have a lot more programming options going to Dish Anywhere online than you do using the app. My DVR missed that last half of last weeks episode of "Under the Dome" because of tennis running over. I've been hoping to find the episode on my iPad so I could airplay to Apple TV but haven't had any luck anywhere. I tried my CBS app, Dish Anywhere app, iTunes, and several websites but couldn't find it anywhere. Amazon Prime has been the only option I could find for a fee. So this afternoon I got on the computer and was about to buy it from Amazon Prime and thought I would give it one last go around. I actually found it on CBS.com (wasn't an option on their app) and when I click on it to play, it said I had to watch on one of the CBS partners. Well low and behold Dish was one of the options. I clicked on the Dish link and it took me to Dish Anywhere and immediately started playing. I didn't even need to login (I guess anyone can go there and watch shows). I guess I need to take more advantage of that website. It saved me $3 tonight. :)

If you have (purchased) Amazon Prime, it is free . How I watched it.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)