Dish Anywhere player issue

KaptainRandom

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
mesa az
Over the last couple days I've been trying to use DA unsucessfully on my phone (SamGS5 Sprint).
The app loads fine and works right up to displaying the video stream, showing a black screen only on the player.
Same results on OD or DVR.
Same results on LTE or 3G or 'guest wifi' (McD's).
But, works fine on my home wifi.

Today, I used Titanium BackUp to restore an older version of DishAnywhere and successfully watched a DVR program via LTE.

Stream bug in current version of DA?

Same issue here as described above. Sprint with galaxy s4. Ours works on any wifi that my wife and i have tried just not on sprints network. Get the black screen as described.

I did a bit more playin'
Uninstalled DA
Reboot
Fresh install DA
Now video plays, but only SQ.
Any attempt to change from SQ goes back to no stream.

I'm pretty sure the speed at the house will not matter as long as it is sufficient for sling, but the speed at the receive location will absolutely make a difference in quality.

This is a known issue which is being investigated further. If you send me a PM with your phone number and PIN I can submit a report on your behalf.

This is a known issue which is being investigated further. If you send me a PM with your phone number and PIN I can submit a report on your behalf.

I am having issues after my S5 updated to lollipop and Dish Anywhere updated to v4.3.17. same as above it loads fine and works right up to displaying the video stream, showing a black screen shows loading 50% . have reloaded Dish app several times. Another phone on jelly bean Android 4.2.2 works fine with Dish anywhere v4.2.16 . any ideas? any Dirt members on line i can report this to? thanks

I am having issues after my S5 updated to lollipop and Dish Anywhere updated to v4.3.17. same as above it loads fine and works right up to displaying the video stream, showing a black screen shows loading 50% . have reloaded Dish app several times. Another phone on jelly bean Android 4.2.2 works fine with Dish anywhere v4.2.16 . any ideas? any Dirt members on line i can report this to? thanks

As far as Ive read at dishes main site, that Lollipop is not supported as of yet....and no time line for it either..

I'm confused as to whether it is or not yet... Some devices work, but it appears as if Samsung isn't working at all.

Great i tried to put off my phone update . have heard issues with lollipop did it in middle of night. wish i could go back to kit kat. sure miss Dish Anywhere working hope they come out with update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)