Dish Anywhere problem

DJMooty

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
Florida
With my IPAD Dish Anywhere App, I can set to record and it works fine.

With my Android App,latest update, it lets me hit record and tells me it set, but it isn't. Galaxy S3.

Any thoughts

I have the exact setup as DJMOOTY and had the same results when trying to record something from my Galaxy S3. There was one difference the Android app version 1.5.20 would not let me schedule any recordings until I deleted the app and re-installed the app. After re-installing the app it would let me schedule a recording but after checking to watch the show it hadn't recorded.

With my IPAD Dish Anywhere App, I can set to record and it works fine.

With my Android App,latest update, it lets me hit record and tells me it set, but it isn't. Galaxy S3.

Any thoughts

Follow up. Uninstall, reinstall fixed the problem.

I have the exact setup as DJMOOTY and had the same results when trying to record something from my Galaxy S3. There was one difference the Android app version 1.5.20 would not let me schedule any recordings until I deleted the app and re-installed the app. After re-installing the app it would let me schedule a recording but after checking to watch the show it hadn't recorded.

What app version did you get when you re-installed it?

Follow up. Uninstall, reinstall fixed the problem.

That's great! Keep an eye on it and post here if it happens again.

TommF it was the same version of the app 1.5.20, I uninstalled it and then re-installed it when it showed it recorded the event but in reality it had not recorded the event.

Have you tried setting up a recording since re-installing? If not, give it a test record for me and see if it actually records this time. If not, I will submit a technical problem report on this!

TommyF I have scheduled two different recordings since I re-installed 1.5.20, one recorded and one didn't even though it said both were scheduled to record. My iPad continues to work flawlessly with dish anywhere app, it's just the Android app that has issues.

TommyF I have scheduled two different recordings since I re-installed 1.5.20, one recorded and one didn't even though it said both were scheduled to record. My iPad continues to work flawlessly with dish anywhere app, it's just the Android app that has issues.

Our operations team is aware of the issue now, though they are currently seeing a low volume on this. Most fixes are generally done in a software update or patch.

Ashutto, what version of the app are you using? Does this happen on every show, or is it random? Are you able to select the timer from the daily schedule to see if there is a reason it stopped?