Very irritating bug with Hopper rebooting at night while joey is watching

DBS Commando

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
The hopper/joey reboot every night at around 1:30 AM.

The problem with this is that if you have someone watching a Joey and no one watching the hopper it is connected to, the hopper will still automatically reboot while the Joey is watching, thus causing the connection to be terminated and you being interrupted. Very irritating. The same problem exists if someone is connected to the sling adapter - hopper reboots as long as no one manually interrupts it.

Anyway to pass this on to the dish engineers? It would be nice if the hopper would detect any sort of remote activity and automatically postpone the daily reboot 30 minutes.

Dish is supposedly working on making it so you can choose the time of the update. Until then you could set a recording to record until you will be done watching and delete later.

Sent from my DROIDX

It is a known issue with the hopper. At an auto tune or a reminder for just a little after the reboot. That way it turns it back on and it doesn't take up dvr space

Sent From My Samsung Hercules
That will turn it back "ON" but will NOT prevent the reboot while your watching, you must be actually recording.

I don't have an issue with this. Message pops up on the Joey for me and I just select "no" or whatever it says..

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

This ties right back to the reboot annoyance thread, where I mentioned that the hopper reboot is disruptive.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

I don't have an issue with this. Message pops up on the Joey for me and I just select "no" or whatever it says..

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You select "no" on the joey....but that does not select "no" on the hopper. It reboots anyway unless you get up, go to the hopper, and select no there as well. Who wants to do that? This would be impossible if you were using the sling adapter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

You select "no" on the joey....but that does not select "no" on the hopper. It reboots anyway unless you get up, go to the hopper, and select no there as well. Who wants to do that? This would be impossible if you were using the sling adapter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Not in my house it doesn't... I select "no" on the Joey and the hopper does NOT reboot.