Dish Anywhere won't load with Chrome and Win 8.1

mmcl26554

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Northern WV
Today I went to run Dish anywhere on my HP laptop running win 8.1 and Chrome browser and it refused to load and chrome shows an error message "Dish Anywhere - showcase has become unresponsive".
It gets to the main page with the picture of "Game of Thrones" and stalls. I tried another computer with Win 8.1 and same problem. However, it will load OK on Internet Explorer and Opera and a Chrome derivative called "CoolNovo". Also loads fine in Chrome on Win 7. So what's up, anybody else experience this behavior?
Michael

Last edited:
I have not used it on my Win8 machine for a long time. I tried after seeing your post. I had to download and install the DISH_Anywhere_Video_Player_Installer_2.12.1.exe. Then when I reloaded the video player page, Chrome asked me enable the video player. I had to click on Always Run on This Site, because the player would fault and not restart after clicking to Run this Time. After that it worked.

ronjohn, ever been to the surf shop in Cocoa Beach Fl by your name?
Where did you find DISH_Anywhere_Video_Player_Installer_2.12.1.exe Google didn't find it.

When I loaded the page with the DishAnywhere player, the player displayed an error and notified me that I needed to install the player. I just clicked the install button to download it. I think I had to click on in manually, but I don't remember well.

I have been to a couple of the Ron Jon Surf Shops. I think the last time I went it was to the one in Panama City Beach. I copied and misspelled the name for my user name.

Mine doesn't ask for any update just stalls. It's funny it works on other browsers and Chrome in Win7. I wonder what is going on?
Michael

If it doesn't ask me to install it how can I do it. It worked OK a couple weeks ago, is there a new add on recently to install? Otherwise I probably have it. Or can you install it manually.
Michael

I found and removed the sling plugin, but that didn't help. Then I uninstalled chrome and reinstalled, now it works. I see the sling plugin is gone so maybe that was the problem. Who knows. The good thing about this as I did Chat in to Dish to see if there was anything going on. The CSR had no answers, but did give me $5 per month off for 3 months and 3 free PPV certificates. And now it works, so what could be better!
Michael

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)