In the phone app, I think this is a little glitch. It seems to load the remote control fairly reliably with a good, strong, signal - not so well with low to moderate signal strength. I've found that if it does not load almost simultaneously with the guide, it's not going to. The app seems *think* that after the guide completes, it's done & does not finish loading the remote. I've also found the work-around to be just closing the app & re-opening. This seems to allow the cached process to speed loading & 1 time is usually sufficient unless signal is really weak. BTW, the Android app has the remote in the upper left corner while the (Android) tablet app mimics the home remote completely, defaults to the top right and can be dragged. Oddly, I've not had the problem of the remote not loading on the tablet while on the same network.