Dish assembly

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sasquatch04

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
Great white north
Evenin' folks

wondering if anyone has pics of a dish assembly (from the back),,,just got a Zenith 10' mesh and I feel I am missing some parts,,,,

what does a Zenith 10' mesh look like ?

there a lots of photos ( we like photos) if you go back a few months reading post look for several threads called "Adventures in dish hunting " these threads have lots of photos

oh and Welcome to the group :)

Last edited:
Here are some pics,,,

Thing I don't understand is : How do I mount the dish on the square mount ????

Should'nt there be ribs or something on the back of the dish ?

Cheers,,,

Attachments

• MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 211
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 192
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 186
ok most mounts are round but i seen a few square ones
probably missing 4 L or U type brackets ( easily made ) that probably sit on each corner ( or close) of the square bracket. these L's or U type brackets will align up with where 2 of the mesh panels come together

i don't have a square mount to show you but i will post a picture of how a round one mounts up and it will be almost the same. on my small 7 1/2 ft dish with a round ring mount it only connected to three points on the dish so it might only be three brackets :)

Should'nt there be ribs or something on the back of the dish ?
i suspect that when you connect two of the panels together it will form the support for the dish (or the rib) if you look at most older fiberglass dishes this is how they gain their support .

I've got one that I'm working on and I'll take some pictures for you tomorrow morning. Anything else you need?

Thank you Sergei..very nice of you,,,

Nope I don't think I need anything else for now,,,,I still have to find a pole,,,make a concrete foundation,,and start to rock and roll with it,,

Must say,,a little different than setting up smaller dishes !!!Thing is almost half the size of my house !!!!!! will be fun though !!!

Will be waiting for yr pics,,,

I will go to a hardware store tomorrow,,so I can replace all bolts and nuts,,,,

Cheers,,,

Here's some pictures of the dish and mounts which have either Zeinth or Winegard name on them which I took with my phone...tomorrow I'll lift the dish up and get your rear pictures for you. The Zeinth is being painted black so it matches my other dishes, the Winegard 10 footer I also have will be for parts.

Attachments

• img148.jpg
    img148.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 144
  • img147.jpg
    img147.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 155
  • img146.jpg
    img146.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 155
  • img145.jpg
    img145.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 157
  • img144.jpg
    img144.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 154
My dish only has 4 panels...sorry looks like I didn't read enough....the picture I took are of my 7 1/2 foot dish and not the 10' Winegard but from what I can tell Zenith got there dishes from Winegard so hopefully it will be the same as the one I have.

Last edited:
Here's the picture you wanted....if you need more let me know. Also the bend mounting bracket in the picture was at the bottom of the dish mount. Clicking on picture after its open should give you a much large photo for you.

Attachments

• P1010023.JPG
    P1010023.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 147
  • P1010024.JPG
    P1010024.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 129
  • P1010026.JPG
    P1010026.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 147
  • P1010028.JPG
    P1010028.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 162
  • P1010021.JPG
    P1010021.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Excellent pics Sergei,,,,,,,exactly what I needed,,,,,,,Tks a mil,,,,,

Mine is exactly like yrs,,,,,How old are these babys anyway ???

Cheers,,,,,,

I'm gonna go in the backyard and fool around with it,,,just came back from hardware store,,,,abt 60.00 dlls worth of nuts, bolts and screws,,,,,a little expensive but will defenitely not rust !!

Cheers,,,and Tks again for the pics !!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)