Dish AT200 vs AT250

gatekeeper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
Is it just me or is the 250 package shrinking? Looking at the comparisons between the 200 package and the 250 .
It seems alot of channels have moved(or going to move??) to either 120 or 200 package.
Its getting where the 250 package really doesnt have that much value anymore.
I hope Dish will in the future make some changes to this package (250) or just add some more channels to the package.
Example : Add Flix, Movie channel Hd

Reactions: Rixos
I said in the other thread that they should roll the top 250 extra cable channels into the top 200 , roll Encore theme pack into Starz and or sell it ala cart. There is not enough of the top 250 to justify an extra $10.00 a month for. Encore channels alone are like $6.00 for ala cart ,so that is most of the price of the extra top 250 channels. I don't watch the Encore channels much because they are all Sd ,except one Hd channel. I don't watch much of anything in Sd, especially if it is a movie channel.

I said in the other thread that they should roll the top 250 extra cable channels into the top 200 , roll Encore theme pack into Starz and or sell it ala cart. There is not enough of the top 250 to justify an extra $10.00 a month for. Encore channels alone are like $6.00 for ala cart ,so that is most of the price of the extra top 250 channels. I don't watch the Encore channels much because they are all Sd ,except one Hd channel. I don't watch much of anything in Sd, especially if it is a movie channel.
You can get Encore for 3

Does anybody have the list of channels we lose if we drop down to AT200?
f12ac7a7e4289437b160a181712b981e.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: Rixos
Top 250 is pointless as far as my TV viewing goes.

Since I started moving away from paying for premiums I moved up to the Top 200 because there are a few channels my wife and I like.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Please do NOT encourage Dish to move channels to the top 250. They need to add more to the bottom levels, so we do not have to pay so much for more channels. Why don't you just drop to a lower level of channels, if you are not happy with the 250 package .

Reactions: Troch77
Good lord my dad is paying all that extra money for AT250 for....GAC?????
Maybe its time to have that talk with him when he complains that his bill is so high
GAC is also in the Smart Pack .
If he could live with that it would save him a ton of money.
f5c3ca6e67f9cbe4d664408c60cebc6e.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

GAC is also in the Smart Pack .
If he could live with that it would save him a ton of money.
oh god no. AT200 would work for him but he HAS to have GAC :rolleyes:
So every year when Dish raises rates and he bitches, I tell him these channels you would lose if you dropped down to AT200 and "oh I cant get rid GAC"
(yeah dad...so you can watch the one hour of old videos every day at noon and they repeat it about every 6th day)

Reactions: Troch77
oh god no. AT200 would work for him but he HAS to have GAC :rolleyes:
So every year when Dish raises rates and he bitches, I tell him these channels you would lose if you dropped down to AT200 and "oh I cant get rid GAC"
(yeah dad...so you can watch the one hour of old videos every day at noon and they repeat it about every 6th day)
I couldn't live with the Smart pack, Maybe 120, But we have the 200 pack with $3 Encore pack.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I couldn't live with the Smart pack, Maybe 120, But we have the 200 pack with $3 Encore pack.
If FS1 was in AT120 (its not) honestly I could convince him down to AT120+ (he does watch FSN every now and then but FS1 is needed for NASCAR) but I keep trying to convince him down to AT200

Reactions: flody1
As kindly as I can say it, when you reach a certain age unless you simply can not afford something because you won't pay your rent or have food, then $10 to have a channel or two I watch all the time probably is worth it. If not having it now, then when? :bounce

As kindly as I can say it, when you reach a certain age unless you simply can not afford something because you won't pay your rent or have food, then $10 to have a channel or two I watch all the time probably is worth it. If not having it now, then when? :bounce

That was me moving from 120 to 200. I tried 120+ for awhile but we missed some stuff. Now Top 250, that is a whole nother story for me because the channel interest is not there.Also, paying what the Premiums ask nowadays when you can get the content elsewhere caused me to slowly cancel. I used to carry all the premiums every month and not even worry about it, but it is just wasteful to me now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)