Dish AT200 vs AT250

I think the time is past that people should be required to pay for Encore with the Top 250 package. It has nosedived in quality in recent years. Almost nothing is of any interest, maybe an old Western from long ago, but even that is not very often.

That was me moving from 120 to 200. I tried 120+ for awhile but we missed some stuff. Now Top 250, that is a whole nother story for me because the channel interest is not there.Also, paying what the Premiums ask nowadays when you can get the content elsewhere caused me to slowly cancel. I used to carry all the premiums every month and not even worry about it, but it is just wasteful to me now.

My reply was to Iceberg re: His Father.

I know, and I was agreeing with you. Im 39, at my age $10 isn't going to stop me if there is a channel I want. On the other hand, I am not paying $10 for a package increase that pretty much sucks, and that for me is 200 to 250. 120 to 200 was well worth it.

My problem with the premiums like HBO, is Dish's PQ sucks and things like Vinyl and GoT do not look great at times. I made the mistake of seeing GoT and Black Sails on blu-ray, that made me done with premium channels I think.

it is a shame that 480 level streaming from Netflix often looks better than Dish "HD"...

Reactions: Rixos
I know, and I was agreeing with you. Im 39, at my age $10 isn't going to stop me if there is a channel I want. On the other hand, I am not paying $10 for a package increase that pretty much sucks, and that for me is 200 to 250. 120 to 200 was well worth it.

My problem with the premiums like HBO, is Dish's PQ sucks and things like Vinyl and GoT do not look great at times. I made the mistake of seeing GoT and Black Sails on blu-ray, that made me done with premium channels I think.

it is a shame that 480 level streaming from Netflix often looks better than Dish "HD"...
Except Netflix isn't streaming at 480

I just found out last night that I was paying $6 for Heartland while they only have 3 channels not in the 200 package. We haven't watched any of those 3 for over a year so it was time for "buh bye" to heartland

I wish that Dish would put HGTV in the Smart pack and I would drop from Dish America to Smart Pacl. HGTV is in the Welcome pack,but some of the other that Iwatch are not.

The only two channels I care about in 250 are VH1 Classic and Chiller, and the picture quality sucks on both of them (especially Chiller).

Reactions: bmetelsky
oh god no. AT200 would work for him but he HAS to have GAC :rolleyes:
So every year when Dish raises rates and he bitches, I tell him these channels you would lose if you dropped down to AT200 and "oh I cant get rid GAC"
(yeah dad...so you can watch the one hour of old videos every day at noon and they repeat it about every 6th day)
I just found out last night that I was paying $6 for Heartland while they only have 3 channels not in the 200 package. We haven't watched any of those 3 for over a year so it was time for "buh bye" to heartland
Iceberg, GAC is frequently in free preview. So, your dad could drop down to AT200 during the months with free previews and save $10 each of those months. If I had ever added the Heartland package, I would have dropped it during the months when GSN was in free preview, since that is the only channel from that package that I really care about.

No offense meant, but if Dish HD is that bad to you, you'd really ought to switch to another provider.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)