dish bad

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tcb

Original poster
May 30, 2006
forgive me if this is a dum question, Can the dish itself go bad? it is a direct dish.
It appears to be just a round piece of metal to me. Just wondering due to my other post,:confused:

tcb said:
forgive me if this is a dum question, Can the dish itself go bad? it is a direct dish.
It appears to be just a round piece of metal to me. Just wondering due to my other post,:confused:

I have never heard of a dish going bad, but an lnb sure can.

Some of the old plastic dishes would experience signal fade after years of exposure to the elements, that's why dishes are steel now.

A dish can go bad, but only from falling off the roof or extreme weather conditions. I heard of one dish that after Hurricane Katrina last year was folded in half like a taco!

I've had several bad dishes, especially with DirecTv. Any distortion in the dish can cause the dish to be bad. Usually shipping damage is sufficient to cause dish problems.

Yes a dish can go bad, I myself have only seen the superdish go bad though, the superdish can become warped from extreme temps, but keep in mind it is a rare thing.

I have 2 extra D* 18 inch dishes 1 AT-9 1 3LNB and 2 E* 18 inch dishes sitting in the garage. Saving parts I guess.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New update for D10-200??

Another Directv Lie!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)