Dish Blacking out Ohio State Game in Columbus OH?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

retro187

Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I got the message that my smartcard was not authorized to view this channel. I am only getting the ESPN2A channel and they are blacking out the Ohio State Game, Seems rather odd as I live in Columbus Ohio.

I have reset the receiver with no effect and I am now on endless hold with E*

Anybody else having this problem?

I'm not sure about your antenna, but the game is being broadcast on ABC in OTA-HD (channel 06), or SD if you have Dish locals. Both of those are working great for me. ESPN2 is blacked out, but ESPN2A is showing the NC/Virginia game.

be it dish, directtv or local cable, broadcasters have NO SAY AT ALL about blackouts it's the conferences and the NCAA that determine blackouts.

I first tuned to one of the ESPN channels and was also told it's not available in my area but it was free and clear on my local ABC station.

The Ohio State/Michigan State Game aired on ABC today (so you would had to watch it on WSYX ABC 6 Columbus in the Columbus Area (We have a Dish Commerical account at my job and we watched the game on Dish via Channel 6 SD Local)

I watched it OTA cuz I wanted to watch in HD, but I recorded it on ABC no issues....I got the same message, blackout, and had to go to ESPNA to watch the Virginia game.

This could all be resolved if Columbus could get locals in HD............

Alas, it is what it is.

And we did look good today. :)

OK here goes:

ESPN/ABC 's contract with the Big 10 requires it to carry games nationwide. So this game was distributed as follows:

In Big 10 states:

ABC has Michigan State - Ohio State.
ESPN, via the alt channel, has North Carolina - Virginia
(ESPN properly blacked out)

In the rest of the country:

ABC has UNC-UVa, or Kansas-Oklahoma
ESPN has OSU-MSU
ESPN alt properly blacked out.

No mistakes were made by DISH. This situation will be the same every weekend and has been so for three years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)