Dish Booth CES 2015

thanks scott i appreciate you guys what you are doing at CES so much
could you please try and get a pic of the tv apps page on the new carbon UI so i can see what apps are listed on there i do not know which ones are on there can you please check for me.
It will be going out to all Hoppers / Joeys.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
the Hopper Netfix app does not support 3D nor the 4K content. The rep didn't know but checked with their on site Netflix rep for me. He did say that later on the app would support 4K for the dish version of the app.
What ?!?! No 3D support ?? Hmmmm....

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1420668674.258677.jpg

Reactions: whitewolf8214
They had had Native Resolution working, but in tests with customers many people did not like it as it took their TV a few seconds to change to the correct resolution. So much so that most said they didn't like it so DISH never released it.
I would have to agree. When I had DIRECTV hd for about 6 months a few years back, the native resolution made the picture blink in and out and then synch before it came on for every channel change. It was very distracting and I turned it off shortly after trying it and never turned it back on.

Reactions: Rey and navychop
Can't make the Joey any thinner unless new interconnects come out. The F-Connector and RJ45 Ethernet jacks seem to be the limiting factors. I forgot to ask Vivek if they had a requirement for line-of-sight for IR or if the 4K Joey could be tucked behind the HDTV, and if so, how it would be mounted. Looking at dfergie's picture, there are two slots for screws on the bottom.

Can't make the Joey any thinner unless new interconnects come out. The F-Connector and RJ45 Ethernet jacks seem to be the limiting factors. I forgot to ask Vivek if they had a requirement for line-of-sight for IR or if the 4K Joey could be tucked behind the HDTV, and if so, how it would be mounted. Looking at dfergie's picture, there are two slots for screws on the bottom.

per the feature sheet:

"Mounts on a wall or flat surface for spacesaving
convenience. Designed to fit behind
wall-mounted 4KTVs, even in some of the
most challenging scenarios"

They had had Native Resolution working, but in tests with customers many people did not like it as it took their TV a few seconds to change to the correct resolution. So much so that most said they didn't like it so DISH never released it.
I now recall when we had Time Warner that it allowed you to select multiple output resolutions, i.e. pass-through, and it was very annoying. It only took "a few seconds", like you say, but it felt like too long.

I now recall when we had Time Warner that it allowed you to select multiple output resolutions, i.e. pass-through, and it was very annoying. It only took "a few seconds", like you say, but it felt like too long.
Yeah, that would drive me crazy if I would were switching back and forth between Fox and CBS football games....

A little late to ask but anyone that was at Dish CES, was there any update on smarthome intergration on the hopper from what they demo last year?