Dish Bring Back Dish America Silver and Gold.

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
I have been switching packages back and forth the last couple months,incurring the extra 5 dollar charge to do so.All I am trying to do is get What they used to have in Dish America Gold.My family basically watches the AT120,the nly channels we miss in that are BIO and Cooking channel.A suggestion to Dish ,why cant you offer alacarte any channel included in the 250 package(basically what channels are in 250 that arent in 200.I would be willing to pay to buy alacarte (if I had to chose 1 it would be BIO)Anyway does Dish Secretly have Dish Gold or Silver or is it gone out of their system..Dish needs to make packages more customer friendly.Please bring Back Dish America Silver and Gold...

DISH has a dictator called the networks - and they pretty much call the shots at what DISH and other pay-tv providers offer and even the channel-placement into the pay-tv providers' packages. It's a business model that is not consumer-friendly, but as the cost of pay-tv continues to rise and streaming video is becoming more popular and thus more competitive many are hoping the current business model will crash and burn. It's likely DISH dropped Silver and Gold because of negotiations with some of their channels/networks. The channels/networks may have said drop those packages or we're going to charge you (DISH) more to carry our channels.

Eric

I have been switching packages back and forth the last couple months,incurring the extra 5 dollar charge to do so.All I am trying to do is get What they used to have in Dish America Gold.My family basically watches the AT120,the nly channels we miss in that are BIO and Cooking channel.A suggestion to Dish ,why cant you offer alacarte any channel included in the 250 package(basically what channels are in 250 that arent in 200.I would be willing to pay to buy alacarte (if I had to chose 1 it would be BIO)Anyway does Dish Secretly have Dish Gold or Silver or is it gone out of their system..Dish needs to make packages more customer friendly.Please bring Back Dish America Silver and Gold...
Satellite Guys is not part of DISH Network we cannot do anything about prices or programming packages. DIRT are employees of DISH and can have some input so instead of filling up the DISH forum with suggestions that can go no place why don't you contact DIRT who can actually input ideas into DISH.

Satellite Guys is not part of DISH Network we cannot do anything about prices or programming packages. DIRT are employees of DISH and can have some input so instead of filling up the DISH forum with suggestions that can go no place why don't you contact DIRT who can actually input ideas into DISH.

There was nothing in his post that suggested he thought sat guys was anything more than what it is. Perhaps, if you weren't primarily looking to argue or berate every OP, you would better comprehend the content of the posts. And, thus, even offer something constructive for a change.

This subject has been beat to death on here. The classic argument of a la carte, can it work? You are basically left with the options Dish or any other provider give you for packages. Some channels are available but very few options. There really isn't anything you can do.

Your post is a common one. I think the people who distribute the channels do have a certain way they will allow their channels to be packaged. But no doubt Dish or Direct or the Cable operators also package channels to obviously make money. It's posible Dish could put Bio in a lower package but knows it will attract some customers to get the higher package to get it. The flip of that is Dish also puts some channels that very few watch in the top250 such as the cooking channel to keep the lower packages less expensive. It's also very possible this is why AMC was not put back into the Welcome Package after the new contract. (Would have raised the price too much)

One other thing - I don't think Dish is allowed to sell them A La Carte by their contracts.

The closest thing to ala carte for me is netflix & amazon which get used heavily. Dish is a bare bones minimum here. I only wish some of the networks would jump on the streaming bandwagon for a reasonable fee.

I think you'd be surprised at how many people watch the Cooking Channel.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Surprised only if you're saying alot of people do. I Don't think it breaks the top 20 or top 25.

Enough watched Food Network that they felt it profitable to clone it. Money is being made. Even if its not even in the top 100.

Enough watched Food Network that they felt it profitable to clone it. Money is being made. Even if its not even in the top 100.

Food network has gone in the toilet. Reality shows galore.

I have to agree with navychop the cooking channel is more popular than what many think. I suppose that is why it is located where it is. I enjoyed it when I had it, but not worth upgrading to get it.

Watching Sandra Lee & some of the meals she puts together is enough to make anyone fall in love. :D

I watch both Food Network and the Cooking Channel! There, I said it!!! :D

I also watch America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country on PBS!

It is to the Cooking channels (v. Food Network) as DIY is to the Home channels (v. HGTV). Actually shows programming that isn't too much reality based.

Misunderstood.

In my post I was only using Cooking channel as an example,I do watch it alot.I also like BIO channel for its ghost shows..Just would like to see a package that is whats in AT 120 ,plus those 2 channels,but in order to get those it costs 30 more a month in the way they have the packages set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)