Dish, Cable and OTA on one cable?

TDRS 1

Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
New Mexico
I searched the forums and I'm sure the answer is there somewhere, I just can't find it in layman's terms.

I currently have a Duo DISH. I am getting basic cable (Comcast) and an OTA UHF antenna. I would like to distribute all the signals together on one RG6 cable. Then at each of the termination points decide what signal (Sat, Ant, cable) will be used. I have an 811 and a 310(?) SAT receivers. And since I'm only getting basic cable it will not require a receiver.

Now, what do I need (specifically) to make this work?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Kerry

There is no problem with all three on one single cable to get in the house, but the main problem is, since OTA VHF and UHF are within the cable frequency range, I don't see how you can split these same signal.

sksatellite said:
There is no problem with all three on one single cable to get in the house, but the main problem is, since OTA VHF and UHF are within the cable frequency range, I don't see how you can split these same signal.

SK, are you in the baltimore area?

You can't mix the cable and off-air signal, they will interfer with each other,
plus the cable signal could leak from your antenna unless blocked. You can feed the
off-air and sat. through out the house using diplexers and modulate the output of a cable stb on an unused channel. Use a remote extender to change channels on the cable box.

I thought a "stacker" was used to combine potentially-competing signals into one path and the companion "unstacker" sorted it all out at the receiving ends. Anyone else care to fill-in the details...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts