DISH cabling for an apartment

I seriously doubt that every TV outlet in the complex has a coax that is home runned to a single point. That means that there are probably a ton of splitters all over the place. Cable TV can work easily with that configuration. Satellite TV will not. It has to have a single coax to every receiver all the way back to the LNB/Switch.... You are SOL...

Not with Directv swm it is wired much like cable TV. One wire to the dish with splitters to the receivers.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I seriously doubt that every TV outlet in the complex has a coax that is home runned to a single point. That means that there are probably a ton of splitters all over the place. Cable TV can work easily with that configuration. Satellite TV will not. It has to have a single coax to every receiver all the way back to the LNB/Switch.... You are SOL...

No, that is incorrect. They usually have home runs to an ON-Q panel in a closet with a single feed going to a headend room, or less frequently you will find home runs from each outlet to a headend room. Depends on the size and style of apartment complex. Occasionally you'll find ghetto-fabulous wiring where they daisy chain runs together with taps, but not terribly often. Again, more information about the complex is required from OP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts