Dish called me re: Signal strength?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This happened twice to me. First time was several years ago when one of my LNB's had significant drift issues. They called and sent out a tech to replace the LNB at no charge. Second time was recently when they came out to hook up a wing dish for my locals after the Hopper 3 install. During that install, I had no signal for like 20 minutes or so when they were running cables from the wing dish to the 1000.2 LNB. I guess the Hopper reported back the dropout and the automated call came in about 2 hours after techs had left. I simply told them about the wing dish install and that was it.

I got a call from a strange 800-number that I did not answer. The message left was Dish Network calling me because of reported low signal strength on my hopper? Has anyone else ever had this call? I would think it was some sort of a scam but they left the correct one 800 dish number to call back.
This might be a STB ( set top box) health call...

Reactions: Stormy_2021
I got one once. Dish asked if they could come out to check my system at no charge to me. Made an appointment found a bad LNB and he replaced a few connectors. I asked how dish could tell I had a problem. The tech let me see a screen with records how many times the signal dropped out. I really never noticed a problem. But I was glad to get it fixed. :)
STB health screen....When "LNB drift" was a prevalent issue, I rolled on many service calls generated by Dish itself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)