Dish called me .....

The lesson learned here is to always keep your receivers connected to the satellite and to the phone line, specially if you "moved". I have 5 receivers always connected to the phone line and to the satellite and never had any problems with the audit dept.

Can't they tell where the receiver is located if it is connected to another telephone exchange from the one you have "moved" to??

I doubt the moving got you, they put everyone in the audit list who has a receiver not connected to a phone line.

At worst, they'll deactivate your extra receiver and you'll have to call them to get it re-activated, in which case you'll have the pleasure (haha) of doing that process all over again.

Really though, how can you be surprised they were mad about you "moving"? And the people complaining here are kinda.. meh. :p Lots of people got all annoyed and acted like asses over the court cases saying "Dish allows their customers to 'move' even though they're doing it fraudulently and get distants, blah blah whatever"

:p

CSR's won't reactivate a receiver the audit team has turned off (can't actually, they lock the account.) If DISH REALLY wants those receivers off, they'll be off and won't come back on.

Can't they tell where the receiver is located if it is connected to another telephone exchange from the one you have "moved" to??

They could probably trace where the receiver called from and find out it's been moved. If you've moved then I wouldn't connect it to the phone line and see what happens.

I've had DN for several years and have 5 active tuners, one of which is on a Slingbox on its own for rainy day TV watching from afar. It was a good Ebay Bought 311 from Puerto Rico for 50 bucks and worth the 5$ a month to Dish to add it compared to 10$ with lease.

During activation they actually asked me if I had the units connected to a phone line and I told them 'Not unless I can have them call out on different numbers. We have 3 phone lines here and the nearest phone line to each receiver may not be the primary phone line here."

Supposedly in my account it says they're not plugged in, no-one's ever called. However, they call pretty often to try to upsell me Showtime. I'll be calling and telling them to get me off that list soon.

I do think it's somewhat strange how they determine peopel to call. Ultimately, if someone is passing receivers around, it's a karma issue. Treating the customer like they're some sort of criminal never really strengthened customer loyalty, especially when other carriers don't do these audits.

Just imagine if your cell carrier started calling you to make sure your 'family plan' really only encompassed family. :)

--D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts