Dish called me .....

I didn't end up getting the third line ran from the roof but I went ahead and called them back. The guy told me that he needed me to have all three connected at the same time for him to run the test. I told him that wasn't possible until I get the other cable ran from the dish on the roof. He asked if I would have that done in the next couple of weeks and I said I probably would. He said it wasn't a problem and to just give them a call when I have it connected. He was very nice about the whole thing. Whew!

I hate to say it, but don't trust that he will give you the couple weeks. Knowing the audit departments history you will get shut off tomorrow. I'd get things hooked up ASAP.

I hate to say it, but don't trust that he will give you the couple weeks. Knowing the audit departments history you will get shut off tomorrow. I'd get things hooked up ASAP.

That would really be a bummer. I would most likely tell them to leave it off and call D* if that happened. I don't see myself doing business with anyone that treated me that way.

The Dish Audit Taliban strikes again. A couple of years ago they did that to my cousin. He was paying the fee for not having the phone connection. After the Dish Taliban was very rude to him, he told them to take a hike and send out boxes to return the recievers back to them. He now has cable.

I keep an active 301 in our 2nd home, it gets used about once a month. I can't see as that would be any different than carting one around in an RV.

You're correct they are the same.
BOTH the second home or RV require a second account for service.

I thought Dish allowed you to have a receiver in a motor home? I know I have been a sub for 10+ years and they have always given me permission to do so, and have said anytime I have asked that that is not a problem.

The logical way for it to work would be if it were allowed as long as the service wasn't viewed in two locations at the same time. If it was being used at both homes simutaniously, I could see them wanting a second subscription

I thought Dish allowed you to have a receiver in a motor home? I know I have been a sub for 10+ years and they have always given me permission to do so, and have said anytime I have asked that that is not a problem.

Yes and Charlie even said this was OK on a chat, but Dish policy says otherwise, and the Audit Nazis don't care what anyone else told you. If they find out a receiver is in a motor home or even in a detached building at the same address as your main account, they will disable the receiver and make you carry a second account for it. I kept a receiver in my motor home (don't have it anymore) and my solution to this stupidity was to lie, tell the a**holes I'd have to call them back, hook the receiver up to my main system, then move it back after the audit, it was a hassle but it worked and just goes to show how worthless their audit process really is.

NightRyder

Last edited:
Noooooooooooo.......

Charlie said that even he did it. That's not the same as him saying it's ok for YOU to do. YOU are not Charlie. Charlie is Charlie... and I'm me. But if I were you, you'd probably still not be able to.

But I already did, went through an audit and passed. While my situation has changed, I would have no qualms about doing it again. What would stop me? Not the lame ass Audit Nazis that's for sure. Dish could have solved this problem long ago with technology, they chose not to. Account stacking is their problem not mine, threatening and harassing legitimate paying subscribers is a sorry inaffective solution.

NightRyder

Last edited:
Yes and Charlie even said this was OK on a chat, but Dish policy says otherwise, and the Audit Nazis don't care what anyone else told you. If they find out a receiver is in a motor home or even in a detached building at the same address as your main account, they will disable the receiver and make you carry a second account for it. I kept a receiver in my motor home (don't have it anymore) and my solution to this stupidity was to lie, tell the a**holes I'd have to call them back, hook the receiver up to my main system, then move it back after the audit, it was a hassle but it worked and just goes to show how worthless their audit process really is.

NightRyder
Actually, according to DISH Network's own website, buried in the PPV FAQ area, they have the Mobile Service option for PPV, which applies to Truckers and RV Owners and applies to only 1 Receiver PER ACCOUNT.

This would mean that a single receiver from the home account COULD be legally taken in a truck or RV....

Mobile Service is for people on the go, such as truck drivers and RV owners. You can order up to nine movies before your smart card becomes full. Once your smart card becomes full you will need to connect your receiver to a phone line in order to clear the purchases. This service is $20.00 per year (not available monthly), and is only available on one receiver per account. Please call our Customer Service Center at 1-888-284-7116 to start Mobile Service.

I have only 1 receiver hooked to a phone line - a 622. My 811 and 301 have never been hooked to a phone line - I have had them for years. If Dish were to call to audit me and they treated me the way everyone here says they get treated, I would cancel Dish. I am odd - I don't care about HDTV, etc. I would be just as happy with cable or Directv (actually I am totally happy with FTA/OTA, but my wife and daughter want more) :) So, I would just cancel and go elsewhere. I hope they really don't treat people as bad as it sounds. Not good for customer retention!

Update: I haven't yet gotten that third line ran and they have not shut off my programming. At least the extension the guy gave me does seem to be true.
I'll post back when I get hooked up and call them again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts