Dish called me .....

nazz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
I was sleeping today and Dish woke me up and wanted me to go around the house and give them information from each of my receivers. I told them I was sleeping and he gave me a number to call them back which I don't remember now. In looking around the forums I'm thinking now that it must be an audit. The guy actually sounded more like a cop than the usual E* employee.

I currently have 2 leased receivers (622 & 311) hooked up and only have a phone connected to the 622. It's the only one I use for PPV. I have a 211 which I connected to activate but isn't currently connected until I can run a line to the bedroom from the dish on the roof.

The thing that concerns me is that after reading all of the folks here doing it ... I 'moved' this past winter to get HD locals.

What should I do to avoid any problems with these guys? It's weird feeling guilty when I'm paying well over $100/month for Platinum programming on three receivers.

I was sleeping today and Dish woke me up and wanted me to go around the house and give them information from each of my receivers. I told them I was sleeping and he gave me a number to call them back which I don't remember now. In looking around the forums I'm thinking now that it must be an audit. The guy actually sounded more like a cop than the usual E* employee.

I currently have 2 leased receivers (622 & 311) hooked up and only have a phone connected to the 622. It's the only one I use for PPV. I have a 211 which I connected to activate but isn't currently connected until I can run a line to the bedroom from the dish on the roof.

The thing that concerns me is that after reading all of the folks here doing it ... I 'moved' this past winter to get HD locals.

What should I do to avoid any problems with these guys? It's weird feeling guilty when I'm paying well over $100/month for Platinum programming on three receivers.

Ah the Audit Police. you better do this NOW or else they will shut down your account.

anyway to keep this from happening, keep a phone line connected to the reciever at all times. that's really the best way to keep this from happening.

EDIT: to ALL of the recievers, not just your 622.

You'll need to plug all three receivers in and they'll ask you for the number from the system info screen. It isn't a big deal, but you do need to call back so that they don't shut off your receivers. Just call the regular number and they can transfer you.

It won't matter that I 'moved'?

It just matters that you have the ability to give them the information off the screens when they ask for it. This means that you are in proximity to all receivers, i.e., all receivers are in the same locale.

It just matters that you have the ability to give them the information off the screens when they ask for it. This means that you are in proximity to all receivers, i.e., all receivers are in the same locale.

and from what i've heard, no matter what you do, don't put the phone down while talking to the Nazi Audit Team as it's a signal to them that you are account stacking and automatically fail the test. With these dopes, you're guilty until proven innoncent.

Edit: I meant to quote nazz here asking if it mattered if he "moved"

Nope not at all. Don't worry the location code or whatever it is that they ask for doesn't actually tell them where you are. It is just a code that they use to make sure that you are actually in the presence of the box. It changes every several minutes.

Ok what is account stacking, I pay a fee not to have a phone line connected, so I am not sure what they would expect when calling me.

Ok what is account stacking, I pay a fee not to have a phone line connected, so I am not sure what they would expect when calling me.

A couple receivers at your house and a 3rd at your neighbors. They want to make sure all your receiver are in your house.

Thanks for the help. I guess my only problem is that I need that line from the dish on the roof to the bedroom 211. I guess that project just got moved up to tonight.
I sure don't want to try to tell them that it's activated and setting there unused. Even though it's the truth, I imagine they'd give me a problem.

Better log onto Google Earth and take a picture of your fake address so you can describe it to the audit natzies when they call.

Then after you do that, go to the city website where your fake address is located and lookup the tax information so you can see who owns it!

Better log onto Google Earth and take a picture of your fake address so you can describe it to the audit natzies when they call.

Then after you do that, go to the city website where your fake address is located and lookup the tax information so you can see who owns it!

Have they started asking for this type of info now? This is new isn't it?

I don't see why you couldn't say that it isn't connected. They should just let you unplug one of the other boxes and plug that one in. That should give them the info they need I would think.

This came up on the first call I got last year. Something about the county assessor showed my property was such and such size and why did I need 5 receivers for a 3 bedroom house and so on. The second and third time they called I told them I was recording this conversation, which I highly recommend, it went quickly and smoothly but I told them I would just cancel if they call again. Which I will if I get another call this year. After 9 years I would hate to go back to Directv or even worse Cox but I don't have time for their interrogations.

I wonder how many legitimate customers cancel because of these tactics as compared to the number of "subscribers" that are pulling a fast one.
I'd dare guess that the # of legitimate paying customers they lose exceeds the ones that have an extra reciever someplace else. E* always will win the J.D. Power award for shooting themselves in the foot.

In nomine Patris et fillii et Spiritus Sancti

Go into the light...

and from what i've heard, no matter what you do, don't put the phone down while talking to the Nazi Audit Team as it's a signal to them that you are account stacking and automatically fail the test. With these dopes, you're guilty until proven innoncent.
I know its 2007 but what happens if the person there calling has a "corded" phone?? I guess you better have a LOOONNNNGGGG cord :D .

I didn't end up getting the third line ran from the roof but I went ahead and called them back. The guy told me that he needed me to have all three connected at the same time for him to run the test. I told him that wasn't possible until I get the other cable ran from the dish on the roof. He asked if I would have that done in the next couple of weeks and I said I probably would. He said it wasn't a problem and to just give them a call when I have it connected. He was very nice about the whole thing. Whew!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)