Dish Cancellation Thread

Have you switched from Dish HD to DirectvHD

• Yes

Votes: 41 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 189 82.2%

• Total voters
I jumped a few weeks ago ... my fingernails have grown back since i made the switch - no more biting my nails each Wednesday to see if they would add any of the channels that i wanted ... now - i just turn on the tv - and there they are :)
+2

I voted no, I am am not going anywhere unless it gets really bad, right now I am happy, as long as they get my RSN's up in HD on 61.5 and made available.

So far that seems to be the popular consensus. Personally I'm former cable sub and now I have 4 times the HD content with E* that I previously had. So like the previous poster... I am perfectly happy, but I will continue to watch these boards for any updates to E*s HD programming.

"Soonday" is near.:p

I haven't switched yet, but D* is supposed to light up my HD locals in May, and they aren't even a dot on E*'s map for this year. *If* D* lights my locals as scheduled, and E* still hasn't made SciFi available, it will be very difficult for me to stay. I've been an E* subscriber for 5 years...I switched from D*...and I still have approx. 12 months left on my commitment. When I upgraded to HD back in November, I almost went with D* because they already had SciFi. I stayed with E* because it saved me $100. Now I'm really kicking myself. :cool:

I voted NO!! Due to I still like Dish better and their Hardware is allot better also in the long run they will both have about the same amount of HD.. I also thing Dish is ahead of Direct on MPEG4 which will show once Dish kicks off the MPEG4 service which will be big.. Anyway overall their both good I would Sat TV over anything else out there.. Just my 2 cents.. :)

I voted no. I still have a year left on my current contract. I always welcome the addition of new HD channels(Especially National HD channels!) but USA and SciFi are not too high on my personal wish list. My only real complaint about Dish is their lack of communication. They need to communicate their HD plans and DATES for everyone to see......please stop the guessing games!

I voted no. I still have a year left on my current contract. I always welcome the addition of new HD channels(Especially National HD channels!) but USA and SciFi are not too high on my personal wish list. My only real complaint about Dish is their lack of communication. They need to communicate their HD plans and DATES for everyone to see......please stop the guessing games!

Yeah very good points Briani.. :)

I have a question that should be answered....For those among us who are enjoying BOTH satellite providers, which one appears to have the better SD and HD video? After all, one of the GREATS about sat tv has been the quality of the video in comparison with cable. Is there any advantage, one over the other?

Too early to tell yet.. CNN-HD on DirecTV is a very good Picture.. But since Dish added this late today, There hasn't been any HD programming on yet to compare too.. We will let you know by tonight or tomorrow after there is actual HD Content to compare.. I will see if Kiran Chetry looks as good on Dish HD as she does on DirecTV - HD. :)

Too early to tell yet.. CNN-HD on DirecTV is a very good Picture.. But since Dish added this late today, There hasn't been any HD programming on yet to compare too.. We will let you know by tonight or tomorrow after there is actual HD Content to compare.. I will see if Kiran Chetry looks as good on Dish HD as she does on DirecTV - HD. :)

Thanks for the first report. Channel choice has been an important factor with sat tv. I'm sure that video quality takes second place to choice. The reason for HD is the beautiful video, lifelike and a joy to watch. HD has brought the excitement back. Regardless of the current channel offerings we should remember when our viewing was snowy video from OTA. Hope to hear from more members on which provider does the best job, E* /D*. Stop the complaining and LOOK at the video, side by side,same tv,same channel, SD & HD.

I was gunna leave, but they just added CNN HD. So now I'm for sure going to stay...I mean who needs all those other HD channels when you can watch debates in HD.

How about adding a choice "No, no, a thousand times NO, and for God's sake, would you quit asking!"

I'm very happy with Dish, my programming, and my equipment. I have HD locals. I don't have time to watch a fraction of what I'm interested in right now. I'd enjoy SciFi in HD, but their average of good shows to total schlock is about 1/50, and the good stuff (BSG) I'd rather get on disk anyway. Plus I have a LOT of recorded shows, and a wife and daughter who wouldn't appreciate having to relearn a new system.

Frankly, life is too short for me to even imagine swithching providers back and forth every 6 months or a year depending on who currently has the most channels. Dish carries what I want, or close enough to it, and I have a life (yes, really!).

How about adding a choice "No, no, a thousand times NO, and for God's sake, would you quit asking!"

I'm very happy with Dish, my programming, and my equipment. I have HD locals. I don't have time to watch a fraction of what I'm interested in right now. I'd enjoy SciFi in HD, but their average of good shows to total schlock is about 1/50, and the good stuff (BSG) I'd rather get on disk anyway. Plus I have a LOT of recorded shows, and a wife and daughter who wouldn't appreciate having to relearn a new system.

Frankly, life is too short for me to even imagine swithching providers back and forth every 6 months or a year depending on who currently has the most channels. Dish carries what I want, or close enough to it, and I have a life (yes, really!).
:up What he said!!!

Hello Everyone. Did a search but didn't find anything but tought I wuold try here before making a thread that I might not need to make,

Question?

Has anyone been billed for two months of service on one bill? My April bill is showing programming fees for

3-13
FROM 03/20/2008 TO 04/19/2008

and

4-13
FROM 04/20/2008 TO 05/19/2008

So, it looks like I am being charged for two months.

Has this happened to anyone else? And, anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks

Hello Everyone. Did a search but didn't find anything but tought I wuold try here before making a thread that I might not need to make,

Question?

Has anyone been billed for two months of service on one bill? My April bill is showing programming fees for

3-13
FROM 03/20/2008 TO 04/19/2008

and

4-13
FROM 04/20/2008 TO 05/19/2008

So, it looks like I am being charged for two months.

Has this happened to anyone else? And, anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks
If you just signed up for Dish then they bill a month in advance so your first bill is for 2 months.
Also if you changed programming it might also show for 2 months or atleast some pro-rating.

If you just signed up for Dish then they bill a month in advance so your first bill is for 2 months.
Also if you changed programming it might also show for 2 months or atleast some pro-rating.

Hello. and THANKS for the quick reply.

I have had DISH ever since VOOM went under. Been very happy with the service, but this billing issue, the double billing, has happened before about alittle over a year ago. I was told that I was billed for the next month because they want the account to be a month ahead so if I were to cancel I would have a month of service or something like that. So, thsi would be hte second time it has happened so obviously something is not right.

I was just curious if anyone else has had this type of billing issue.

Yes, I plan on calling them when I get home and can look at my bill. Right now I am viewing it online.

THANKS

:)I was a Dish subsciber for over 10 years and finally got just plane fed up with hearing all the goblty goop comming from dish and switched to local cable Got exactly the channels I wanted at a great price good luck to all

I'm getting very close to jumping ship. CNN-HD isn't going to do it. Like the others I'm just getting tired of BS "leader of HD" propaganda. If dish said they would add one HD channel per week I would stay for sure but since Charlie rides the short bus nothing gets done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts