Dish Cancellation

birdo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
I am in the process of cancellation of Dish.

My question is this. Once cancelled, what will happen next? With the receivers? The physical Dish itself? The cable they installed?

Thanks

I am in the process of cancellation of Dish.

My question is this. Once cancelled, what will happen next? With the receivers? The physical Dish itself? The cable they installed?

Thanks
If you leased the receivers, you will have to send them back. E* should send you a box to do so. E* may also ask for the LNB's from the dish to be sent back. You can usually get around this by claiming to have a high roof and no ladder. The physical dish and the cabling are yours.

If you leased the receivers, you will have to send them back. E* should send you a box to do so. E* may also ask for the LNB's from the dish to be sent back. You can usually get around this by claiming to have a high roof and no ladder. The physical dish and the cabling are yours.

Thank you for the quick response.

Thanks for the info. I decided to push up my drop dead date on Dish from Sep to June. I may have to call the dark side soon as well :(
What are your must have channels? Just curious.

I have another 15 months before my commitment is up. I almost went with D* but decided to upgrade to E*'s HD DVR because of all of the good things I heard about it and I figured with the new sat launches they would have as much HD as D*. I'm starting to second guess my decision. Oh well.

Thanks for the info. I decided to push up my drop dead date on Dish from Sep to June. I may have to call the dark side soon as well :(

Well I did not go the other satellite dark side but the uverse dark side. I was a mere 200 feet in actually length from the VRAD plus I also work for a certain telecommunications corp.

I have another 15 months before my commitment is up. I almost went with D* but decided to upgrade to E*'s HD DVR because of all of the good things I heard about it and I figured with the new sat launches they would have as much HD as D*. I'm starting to second guess my decision. Oh well.

The biggest is MSG-HD... it's huge and i'm willing to overlook my locals in HD for it. But also SciFi. Next would be FX.

I'm in the same boat. Hoping DISH gets drummed pretty hard and gets motivated to get new HD up so by the time my contract is up I can just stay.

I'm in the same boat. Hoping DISH gets drummed pretty hard and gets motivated to get new HD up so by the time my contract is up I can just stay.

I thought so too. But I am making the call this afternoon to check on pricing and do some math in preparation for May 1 or so.

My main beef is a price increase with no new stuff.

How can you find out how many months are left on your current contract?

I tried looking at my account online and my bill but I didn't see anything that shows remaining months on contract.

I keep going back and forth on switching to Direct. If I felt sure that I would be getting my HD locals by Sept 1st (football season) I would stay with Dish, even if I only get a few more national HD channels, and especially if Esatern Arc is far enough along by then that I would only need one dish pointed at 61.5. Do any of you guys more in the know than I think that New Orleans will have HD locals by Sept 1st, and also will Eastern Arc be far enough along that I would only need one dish. (the one dish is not absolutly crotical, but would be more convienient).

cancelled dish

Cancelled dish saturday and they got mad as hell. They told me that I had been with them with over nine and a half years and could'nt understand why I would want to leave.I told them that watching the the hd programing on sat 129 was horrible, the lack of hd and that they will never get the nfl package. They made the usual threats and the call ended. I still have 18 months left due to dish move but now do'nt care.

Canceled dish Saturday and they got mad as hell. They told me that I had been with them with over nine and a half years and couldn't understand why I would want to leave.I told them that watching the the hd programing on sat 129 was horrible, the lack of hd and that they will never get the nfl package. They made the usual threats and the call ended. I still have 18 months left due to dish move but now don't care.

Yea that's why I don't like those commitments and avoid them whenever possible.

But if they're "mad as hell" over losing a long time customer who doesn't even mind the term charges they outta be mad as hell at themselves, not the customer, for not being competitive.

BTW, what threats exactly?

Does anyone know if you get D* installed if they can still use your same mounts on the roof that you had with E*? Or will they have to install a new mount for their dish? I would hate to have more holds drilled in my roof.

Cancelled dish saturday and they got mad as hell. They told me that I had been with them with over nine and a half years and could'nt understand why I would want to leave.I told them that watching the the hd programing on sat 129 was horrible, the lack of hd and that they will never get the nfl package. They made the usual threats and the call ended. I still have 18 months left due to dish move but now do'nt care.

WTF???? How can they threaten you? If you really want to cancel then just call and cancel and pay your fees. Its that simple!

cancelled dish

They started off by saying that if I don not send back the dvr and receiver they will charge my visa.They want their lnb back or they will charge my visa. I have to have all the equipment back to them in so much time or I will be billed.When I cancelled one of the receivers about a month ago it took them a month just to send the box for it.The csr then starts to tell me how much of a rip off the nfl package, that I can watch all the games in hd from the locals.I told her that would be nice if they carried fox here in hd,which they do'nt. I also told her about the problems about the sat at 129 and all the problems we have had,she was clueless.Needless to say it was a fun call

The biggest is MSG-HD... it's huge and i'm willing to overlook my locals in HD for it. But also SciFi. Next would be FX.

Now Now Darren, why do you need MSG-HD? Afterall, in a couple weeks your beloved Rangers will be on the Golf Courses with the Sabres and neither of us will have no need for MSG-HD.

Now then YES-HD, that is a different story because all New Yorkers love the Yanks:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)