DISH CEO email

It's regarding my locals not offered in HD. I wanted to make sure the executive office was aware that there are quite a number of people in this market that have DISH that want their locals in HD without having to resort to an OTA antenna. For instance for my house, we are over 70 miles away from one of our locals and due to the terrain (trees mainly) it's a pain trying to get them in HD with an antenna. This is the other thing the guy kept trying to tell me. He kept saying I can get those signals for free. If I could reliably I wouldn't have a reason to gripe as I prefer the quality of OTA!!

I also wanted to see what the deal was as to why we have yet to have our locals in HD when Directv has offered them since 2008 here, and of course the local cable company offers them. I did get a response from the executive office finally (Thank you Zach for getting that taken care of). I was told it's most likely a bandwidth issue, which I can understand to a point. I was also told about the satellite launch last year and that DISH is still testing that out, again I understand that too. This next part I don't think the guy was listening to me. He said the other part, and this is most likely the issue, is there is no agreement with the 4 locals here to retransmit their feed in HD. I've been assured by all 4 station engineers that DISH does get the HD feed and can retransmit it any day now. I told the guy this and he still insisted that was not the case.

I really just wanted to make sure DISH knew people here want their locals in HD. Why should smaller markets be added before ours?

It's regarding my locals not offered in HD. I wanted to make sure the executive office was aware that there are quite a number of people in this market that have DISH that want their locals in HD without having to resort to an OTA antenna. For instance for my house, we are over 70 miles away from one of our locals and due to the terrain (trees mainly) it's a pain trying to get them in HD with an antenna. This is the other thing the guy kept trying to tell me. He kept saying I can get those signals for free. If I could reliably I wouldn't have a reason to gripe as I prefer the quality of OTA!!

I also wanted to see what the deal was as to why we have yet to have our locals in HD when Directv has offered them since 2008 here, and of course the local cable company offers them. I did get a response from the executive office finally (Thank you Zach for getting that taken care of). I was told it's most likely a bandwidth issue, which I can understand to a point. I was also told about the satellite launch last year and that DISH is still testing that out, again I understand that too. This next part I don't think the guy was listening to me. He said the other part, and this is most likely the issue, is there is no agreement with the 4 locals here to retransmit their feed in HD. I've been assured by all 4 station engineers that DISH does get the HD feed and can retransmit it any day now. I told the guy this and he still insisted that was not the case.

I really just wanted to make sure DISH knew people here want their locals in HD. Why should smaller markets be added before ours?
i was thinking you emailed about FEARnet too! well darn.lol

downriver said:
Are you getting your locals in SD through your dish? it's not a waiver thing?

We get them in SD. Dish said there's no way to get distants.

Sad thing is we are only a few miles from a county that is in the Dallas DMA.

Simple answer is there is no room on the spots that serve your area to offer your locals.

This issue should be resolved later this year when DISH has an additional spot beam satellite going up. :) (They might even be able to do 100% local markets with it!)

Simple answer is there is no room on the spots that serve your area to offer your locals.

This issue should be resolved later this year when DISH has an additional spot beam satellite going up. :) (They might even be able to do 100% local markets with it!)

Scott for CEO!!!

Scott Greczkowski said:

I sure hope so. :). Didn't they launch that satellite last year?

DIRT doesn't answer the CEO e-mails. The CEO address doesn't care what channels subs are interested in DISH carrying. They have bigger fish to fry and people with real problems to help. Seriously? People e-mail the highest available public e-mail address because they want specific programming and consider that life or death?

I would have ignored the e-mails too. They are there to help people who get overbilled and need their money back, can't get help any other way, or have serious legal issues because something strange happened. The $10/hr fry-jockeys can help with programming requests.

Gimme me a frigging break! What kind of entitlement self centered mentality expects a personal reply or any kind of acknowledgement from a Fortune 500 CEO? He is too busy fighting with Disney, RSN's and other content providers as well as zealously defending frivilous lawsuits to have time to deal with your petty concerns.

Is that supposed to be funny???

Last edited:
Maybe eventually they stop replying to crackpots. Of course I don't mean anyone posting here but I'm just saying:D

Maybe the crackpots that post here should stop. Especially if they start multiple threads and are repeatedly posting the same inane thing everywhere......

I'm just sayin'.....

Last edited:
Just move back if you have a service call or an upgrade. U can do it right through the chat. It really only takes about 5 minutes to do.

Also I don't blame you for emailing them. I know I get tired of the same old standard answers that you get from the reps. " I'm so sorry to hear you are unhappy" or " Dish is working hard to keep costs down and give our customers a great product" BLah blah blah. If you are paying $100 a month for service, someone should be able to answer your question, and if you have to ask the CEO, then that is his own damn fault for not having someone under him that can answer a simple question like yours.

So this would be an additional satellite going up later this year????....hmmmmm...

It would be nice for DISH to at least post some sort of schedule for those missing locals in HD with the plan....... I know.... I know......

The thing is satellite launches do not always go off on time, in fact most are delayed, sometimes up to a year... all depends on where they are launching them from etc...

If someone launches a rocket that has an issue then it sets back the rest of the launches scheduled. So you dont announce something when you dont know for sure that its going up then. :)

Goalie Bob might have some suggestions on how to accomplish this........oh wait u want to be successful

I would have ignored the e-mails too. They are there to help people who get overbilled and need their money back, can't get help any other way, or have serious legal issues because something strange happened. The $10/hr fry-jockeys can help with programming requests.

The CEO address used to be the internet route to advanced support before the internet response team.....I hooked up with an extremely knowledgable individual through that address when we were just getting started with HD some years back....Neutron must have the patience of Job not to have jumped ship...no networks in HD? Seriously?..... when they are available from the competition? most of us would be long gone......

Maybe the crackpots that post here should stop. Especially if they start multiple threads and are repeatedly posting the same inane thing everywhere......

I'm just sayin'.....
I have no idea what your talking about. And it's not inane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts