Dish Change Platinum !

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wouldn't sub to these channels at the add-on rate. Personally, I try to aim under $1/channel if I can help it. I imagine when Fashion TV HD (from the list at the beginning of the year) launches on e*, it will be in this pack. Other than that, what else is there that doesn't have an SD counter part? Guess you could add Wealth-HD, if you add those two to platinum then you are at 10 channels for $10 ('course it is hard to count BET-J "HD")

For full disclosure, I get those channel with Absolute, but if I were ever forced from absolute (or, somehow, a Full Time CSN:philly HD were available) into a turbo pack; platinum would not be part of my subscription.

Not a bad idea, though it would be nice if they could add the the HD feeds to the sports pack, but then I would doubt it would be 5.99 then. I read that NBA TV worked out a deal with direct to be included in the non sports tier. Wonder if down the road Dish would follow?
I get NBATV and NHLN without paying for the NBA or NHL packages. They are part of my normal HD package. I don't know who else gets them, but check 402 & 403, I think.

I get NBATV and NHLN without paying for the NBA or NHL packages. They are part of my normal HD package. I don't know who else gets them, but check 402 & 403, I think.
Not me. I have Classic 250 with HD gold. Last I knew NBA channel is only available in the Americas Everything pack. And the HD version only avail. in the HD Platinum pack.
NHL I'm not sure what the rules are , But I still don't get the channel either.

i thought most people figured this out long ago, i cancelled platinum in favor of HBO for 10$...you get mor HD channels with more content that way.

No kidding! I even had a poll when they removed the Voom channels from this package, asking if it was worth the $10.00 back then. Whomever didn't cancel it back then, well you've been ripped off by Dish.

Not me. I have Classic 250 with HD gold. Last I knew NBA channel is only available in the Americas Everything pack. And the HD version only avail. in the HD Platinum pack.

It is available in the Multi sports pack (NHL and NBA) but only in SD. you are forced to get the Platinum HD to get the same channels in HD! Unfortunately I have to do both to get NBA and NHL in HD. :mad:

It is available in the Multi sports pack (NHL and NBA) but only in SD. you are forced to get the Platinum HD to get the same channels in HD! Unfortunately I have to do both to get NBA and NHL in HD. :mad:

No, you don't need to subscribe to the Multi Sports pack. If you subscribe to Platinum HD, you get NHL Network and NBA Network in both HD and SD.

No, you don't need to subscribe to the Multi Sports pack. If you subscribe to Platinum HD, you get NHL Network and NBA Network in both HD and SD.

You are right but without the multi sports pack I wouldn't get Fox Midwest and Fox North in addition to Comcast Chicago. So Ihave to have both!

I'm not as bothered by the fact that Universal and HDNet aren't in Gold

HDNet is included in EVERY HD package. You can't have HD and not have HDNet. (However, HDNet Movies is in Platinum)

as the fact that Fox and Viacom Aren't included in Platinum.

I don't understand what you're talking about. Platinum is an add on pack. It doesn't matter what else you have, its a specific list of channels for a specific price. Why would you WANT channels to be forced into a higher add on package?

That would explain it then. I've compared the packages and I get HD Absolute - which (right now) is equivalent to Turbo Gold + Platinum - Encore.

Sparks: I meant the Movies channel, which I watch quite a bit. My latter point is that I DO subscribe to Platinum, and I STILL can't get FBN or MTV.

If it wasn't for HDNET Movies, I would have cancelled. But we watch a lot of that channel. Recently also watched some MGM-HD. Pretty much ignore the rest. Now we all know why we originally subscribed to this package.

Dropped my Platinum Package several months ago and have never missed it. Terrible programming choices for a package that costs $10 per month IMHO.

Yea its definetly not worth $10 a month.I cancelled it today and now just have 250hd package.They need to lower the price or put them in the 250hd package.:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts